Together PhilCA taps the expertise and connections of our combined membership representing more than 600 funders to increase philanthropy’s impact in building and sustaining thriving, equitable communities.
Philanthropy California (PhilCA) is an alliance of Northern California Grantmakers (NCG), SoCal Grantmakers, and Catalyst of San Diego & Imperial Counties. Our combined membership represents more than 600 foundations, corporate funders, philanthropic individuals and families, giving circles, and government agencies investing billions every year to support communities across the state, the country, and worldwide.
Philanthropy CA is our alliance.
Together we tap into the deep regional expertise and connections of funders to increase philanthropy’s impact in building and sustaining thriving, equitable communities. As an alliance we can impact our members, the nonprofits they support, and the communities they serve.
- Collaborate with the governor’s office on wildfire, funding inland California, and housing injustices.
- Coordinate response to and resources for the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent economic downturn. Advocate for the inclusion of immigrants and non-profits in the stimulus process.
- Assemble tools specially crafted for funders to support long-term movement-building and advance racial equity.
- Heed the call to be better partners to our nonprofit grantees with the Full Cost Project and Trust-Based Philanthropy.
- Marshal philanthropic action to advance equitable policies and thwart damaging proposals.
- Undertake impact investing to direct investments toward affordable housing, job creation, and small business growth.
- Boost representation to create fair redistricting boundaries for the state’s electoral districts.
- Advance progressive policy supporting a full Census count.