TSNE MissionWorks and LeaderSpring Center are partnered to offer the What’s Next: Leading a Thriving Transition program on the West Coast to support long-time leaders prepare their organizations and themselves for leadership transition to ensure ongoing sustainability. The purpose of this partnership is to build the capacity of non-profit leaders to address succession and executive transition issues, specifically in Southern and Northern California. What’s Next participants engage in confidential, thoughtful and strategic discussions on leadership transitions. The program features two intensive retreats, individual coaching and an ongoing support network of leaders facing similar changes.
What’s Next participants engage in confidential, thoughtful and strategic discussions and exercises about transitions, both personal and organizational. The program features two intensive retreats, individual coaching and an ongoing support network of long-time leaders.
- Assessment of the organization’s transition readiness
- Best practices and tools to prepare for the transition
- Progress on addressing organizational vulnerabilities related to a transition
- Increased clarity on the leader's personal steps to departure and plans for future
- Support and motivation to plan and implement the steps necessary to leave well
- A confidential space to process and plan for your departure and what’s next
- Focused leadership related to the leader's upcoming transition
- Groundwork for a sustainability/succession plan
- Celebration of the leader's legacy
- A support network of peers
Your inquiry is confidential and will not be shared with any third party, sponsors, funders or other outside groups. Space is limited.
Program Dates and Details
- Two two-day retreats for each cohort. Attendance is required at both retreats
- Leadership coaching sessions
- Each cohort includes up to 18 participants
- Cost: $750 to $4,000. Dependent on your organization's budget size
- Spring 2019 California Cohort: April 7-9, 2019 and June 9-11, 2019 - EarthRise Retreat Center at IONS, Petaluma, CA
- Fall 2019 California Cohort: October 6-8, 2019 and December 8-10, 2019 - Chaminade Resort and Spa, Santa Cruz CA
TSNE MissionWorks launched What’s Next in 2014 to prepare for the looming wave of departing leaders and the need for organizations and leaders to prepare for the transitions. The program's ultimate goal is to help leaders depart with strength and grace and to help organizations embrace change and manage it successfully. Over 150 long-time leaders in 11 different cohorts have participated in What’s Next on the East and West Coasts.
Participants must be long-time executive directors planning to leave the organization in the next one to five years. All information is confidential. Once you complete the confidential application form, you will have a phone call with staff to discuss the program and your interest.