Based on a January 2013 survey of more than five thousand large independent, family, corporate, and community foundations in the U.S., it illustrates the response of over eleven hundred foundations to the question: Does your foundation use social media to advance its mission?
There's a lot of info to review here, and we know you'll want to spend some time with it. So, we'll just leave you with five tips (included at the bottom) designed to jump-start your foundation's social media efforts:
- Follow your grantees and other foundations.
- Cross-promote your social media presence on you Web site, and make sure your site's URL is listed on each of your social media properties.
- Don't just talk at your followers, talk with them.
- Ask thoughtful questions.
- Be transparent. Share stories from your grantees. tell people about your impact.