How can foundations address the targeted capacity building needs of nonprofits, at scale, throughout a region? The San Francisco Foundation and The East Bay Community Foundation are mobilizing resources and acting as catalysts for change to build strong communities, foster civic leadership, and promote philanthropy. As a part of this work, they are building regional collaboratives that focus on nonprofit sustainability in innovative new ways. in a June 26 program, they shared their vision to think innovatively and in partnership with other foundations to achieve their goal of greater racial and economic equity across the region.
- Rachael Chong, Founder and CEO, Catchafire
- Byron Johnson, Capacity Building Initiative Officer, East Bay Community Foundation
- Brandon Nicholson, Founding Executive Director, The Hidden Genius Project
- Kay Fernandez Smith, Assistant Vice President of Programs, The San Francisco Foundation
- Sean Valentine, Operations Director, The Hidden Genius Project
Resources and materials from this program can be accessed below.