As part of NQAPIA’s national conference of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Asian American, South Asian, Southeast Asian, and Pacific Islander (AAPI) leaders and activists at the Hilton Chinatown in San Francisco on July 26-29, 2018, we hosted a learning community for donors and grant-makers to learn about the state of philanthropic support for LGBTQ AAPI communities, featuring the latest data. We heard from a panel of funders about their key investments in LGBTQ AAPI communities at the local, state, and national levels, and discovered impactful grant-making practices through an equity lens. Attendees gained a better understanding of the LGBTQ AAPI movement and current funding trends, gaps, and opportunities.
- Surina Khan, Women’s Foundation California CEO
- Peggy Saika, Former Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy President & CEO
- Lyle Matthew Kan, Funders for LGBTQ Issues Director of Research and Communications
- Alejandra Martínez, Borealis Philanthropy Program Officer
- (Moderator) Glenn D. Magpantay, NQAPIA Executive Director
Resources from this program can be accessed below.