The information below shows the requirements to be a accepted as a participant in the 2020 Rising leaders Cohort. Stay tuned in Fall 2020 to hear more about how to apply for the 2021 Rising Leaders Cohort.
The cost for the Rising Leaders Cohort is $1500 if you are an NCG member or an EPIP member. If you are not a member of either NCG or EPIP, the cost is $2000.
Limited scholarships are available on an as-needed basis. To discuss scholarship options, please get in touch with Kate Seely (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Entry to mid-level foundation staff with 3-8 years of experience in the the working world.
(You can be new to the philanthropic sector, and we also hope that you will have some experience in the working world to ground your learning and your experience.)
There are six, six-hour sessions required as a part of the Cohort. There are an additional five, 90-minute group coaching sessions offered that are recommended but not required. Application Process
Submission of the application is an acknowledgment that you or your organization are able to commit to payment of the cohort; you are able to attend all sessions; and you are committed to completing all pre and post-work assignments given during the program.
What You’ll Get
- Continue building a network of grantmakers who feel supported and empowered to create change and advance as leaders in their philanthropic roles
- In 6 in-person sessions, learn from faculty and other participants, practice approaches that we are learning together, and engage in reflection
- Build a career development plan
- Build a toolbox of both hard and soft skills that you can call upon as you build your career in the sector
- Five group coaching opportunities to deepen your career advancement
- Lunch at each session