We came. We authenticated. We envisioned.
The Corporate Philanthropy Institute opened some big questions. If you were there, thank you. Thank you for coming, and thank you for bringing your energy, your curiosity, your questions, your knowledge, your insights, and your know-how with you into the room.
Together we created a vibrant conversation about authentic engagement and impact in the corporate philanthropy sector. We left with new ideas, new connections, and an affirmation that we are part of a community of people and institutions who share our passion and goals.
If you missed the event, know that we missed you. Here are some of the ideas we’re carrying with us as we apply the ideas, questions and challenges to making the world a better place:
- How can we create more opportunities to use words like “exquisite” and “awe” and “inspiration” and “wonder” – without irony – as characteristics of the kinds of authentic experience we are hoping to create with our resources and in our communities?
- How can we deepen our practices of authentic engagement – of motivation, of process, of experience and of transparency?
- Where are we focusing on a few things that we can do extraordinarily well, and then committing the resources necessary to do them impeccably?
- How do we apply “principles of engagement” when setting an investment agenda?
- How do we better acknowledge and mitigate power dynamics in the relationships we forge to optimize community partnerships?
Authenticity. Engagement. Inspiration. Impact.
This is what it’s all about.
Ellen LaPointe and Steve Barton