NCG’s 2015 Annual Conference is right around the corner. I can’t think of a better way to get to know you all—by coming together to discuss the issues impacting the communities in which we work and live.
The future of our region is a big topic. We have developed a packed conference agenda filled with rich content and opportunities to engage with one another that will allow us to take up several key questions over the course of the day.
I am excited about so many things:
- I’m excited to hear from the experts from Measure of America and the Public Policy Institute of California who will help us gain a deeper understanding of what’s happening in our region and the changes that are on the horizon.
- I’m excited to hear the original poems inspired by conference themes that we have invited our featured artists from Youth Speaks to write and perform.
- I’m excited that our Media Partner KQED has gone above and beyond the call of duty to develop a special segment they’ll incorporate into the Lunch Plenary featuring Bay Area mayors.
- I’m excited about convening a conference full of experts—that’s what you are—who will converge and confer during the afternoon of PhilTalk sessions to explore new ideas and action to address the problems facing our communities.
- And, I’m excited that we’ll end the day laughing together with our closing speaker comedian W. Kamau Bell, and communing at our post-conference reception.
Are you coming? I hope you are.
If you haven’t registered, this is it. The conference is just one week from today, and we are nearly at capacity. Please consider joining us.
If you’re already registered and planning to attend, terrific! Here is my suggestion regarding what to bring with you:
✓ Openness to new ideas
✓ Willingness to be surprised
✓ Your thinking cap
✓ A commitment to engaging with the NCG community
Looking forward to seeing you!
President and CEO
Northern California Grantmakers