Working to Better Serve Our Members
2014 has been an exciting year of change for NCG as we’ve worked to better serve our members and increase the impact of philanthropy in northern California.
Over the past year, NCG has developed a new strategic direction and moved from a traditional membership association to a membership-based education and advocacy organization working to increase the impact of philanthropy. NCG has implemented a wide range of changes all designed to meet the needs of our members and to provide a better membership experience:
- Moved our offices and can now offer meeting space and a training center for up to 30 people;
- Launched a new user-friendly website that provides easy access to the information and resources you need most;
- Implemented a new membership database and communications platform to more effectively serve our members;
- Presented more than 50 programs and events for our members on a wide range of topics and issues;
- Expanded NCG membership to ensure we have the right people at the table to develop comprehensive and sustainable solutions to the challenges facing our members and the communities they serve.
- Developed a new Collaborative Philanthropy practice to offer our members a place where they can move their ideas to action as we can host and managed jointly funded initiatives.
- Established a new Knowledge and Communications team to bring our members the latest trends and happenings in the field, conduct customized research projects, and connect our members to what is happening in public policy from San Francisco to Sacramento.
- Introduced our new Advisory Services to provide members the opportunity to have customized trainings for their staff in their offices, as well as providing access to a pool of the best philanthropic consultants in the field.
While there have been many changes at NCG over the past year, one thing has not changed – we remain 100% committed to ensuring that every member of NCG has the tools, support, and connections they need to increase the impact of their philanthropy and drive the change they want to see in the world.
As we end this year and start a new one, we hope you plan to be a part of NCG. We need your ideas, your expertise, and your passion. Together we can collaborate on new initiatives. Together we can accelerate learning in the field. Together we can be the change.
Interim President and CEO
Northern California Grantmakers