Monday, January 5, 2015
NCG staff is excited to kick of 2015. We hope you'll make the most of it and also make the most of your NCG membership. Need some ideas for how to maximize your NCG benefits. Look no further!
10 Ways To Engage in 2015
- Attend a progam. NCG offers close to 50 programs annual that are free to members. Visit our Calendar of Events to see the latest program offerings.
- Pitch a program NCG members are in the unique position to work with our staff to develop and present a program to the NCG membership. Some of our most successful programs in the past were initiatived by an NCG member. So contact NCG and pitch your program ideas.
- Share your news. NCG is always on the look out for news about our members. Whether it's a press release, an article featuring your organization or staff, or a guest blog post--we want to hear about it. Contact NCG and share your news with us. We'll make sure the rest of the NCG membership hears about what you're doing.
- Join a peer network. NCG has several peer networks within our membership that host informal brown-bag lunches and official NCG programs. Along with long-standing networks like the Family Philanthropy Exchange and the Corporate Contributions Roundtable, NCG also convenes the Mad Hatters network designed for staff of small foundations who wear many hats and informal Communications salons for peer-to-peer conversation amongst communications professionals.
- Attend the New Grantmakers Institute or send a colleague. Are you new to philanthropy? Do you have new staff that need an orientation on the field? If so, keep an eye out for NCG's annual New Grantmakers Institute.
- Utilize the NCG Member Directory. All NCG members have a profile in our Member Directory. (If you don't, contact NCG so we can add you to our database). Members are encouraged to personalize their profile--add a photo, identify your professional interests and the issues you care about. Afterward, surf the directory to find your peers or find out who else share your interests.
- Attend the Annual Conference. Last year's Annual Conference was a smash hit and NCG staff is hard at work on making the 2015 Conference just as memorable. We plan to have a date hammered down soon--so keep an eye out for more news later this month.
- Learn more about Collaborative Philanthropy at NCG. NCG has a long history of bringing people together. Last year we announced that NCG will incorporate Collaborative Philanthropy into our work as an approach to solving the complex problems facing our communities. Contact NCG Collaborative Philanthropy Manager Michelle Bermudez to learn more about our current collaborative initiatives (the Bay Area Health Funders Group and the Environmental Education Funders Group) and learn how NCG can support your own collaborative philanthropy endeavors.
- Attend the Corporate Philanthropy Institute. The CPI is NCG's signature corporate event of the year. This day-long conference offers corporate grantmakers the opportunity to learn the latest trends in the field and connect with peers. Keep an eye out later this year for information on the 2015 Corporate Philanthropy Institute.
- Join an NCG Volunteer Committee. As a membership organization, NCG relies on member volunteers to help staff vet and develop both programming and new initiatives. Contact NCG Memer Services if you are interested in joining one of our volunteer committees.
We look forward to working with you in 2015!