NCG inspires our members to connect to their individual and shared purpose. We create space to celebrate one another, learn together, and leverage our strengths. NCG brings our members and partners together, as we engage both hearts and minds to rethink what’s possible.
For more detailed membership criteria, please contact NCG Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 415.777.4111.
Applying for membership is easy!
Benefits are the same for all members. Grantmaking Organization membership can include all staff and trustees. In other words, all individuals listed under an organization’s membership will receive full benefits.
Join NCG and take advantage of these great opportunities:
- NCG programs and events. We host over 70 events and programs throughout the year, ranging from skill-building and professional development trainings to issue-focused session for grantmakers. With the exception the Annual Conference, Corporate Philanthropy Institute and New Grantmakers Institute, NCG generally provides these services as part of your NCG membership.
- Access to resources and program materials. This includes special access the Foundation Maps: California, a robust interactive map showing more than 80,000 grants by over a hundred California foundations.
- Connect with peers using our Members-Only Directory.
- Member-initiated briefings. If you have a program idea, we would love to hear it! Simply fill out the online form and we will follow up with you to discuss. We’ll work with you (and possibly other interested members) to design the program and get the right people in the room. NCG will lead in coordinating hospitality and logistics, staff the event, and follow up with all participants with an evaluation and program resources.
- Share your news and events. We want to hear from you! We’ll include your news in our bi-weekly Together for Good magazine and share your events in our Weekly Program Preview.
- Complimentary Job Postings. If your organization has openings, we’re happy to post it on our jobs board.
- Access to NCG’s conference rooms. If you need a conference or meeting room in downtown San Francisco for your next event, please consider NCG’s space. Our space is open to members based on availability. If you would like to reserve a room, please email email@example.com.
- Online Resources. Our Resource Library is a one-stop-shop for the latest grantmaking information and materials. Our library includes resources for all programs and events in case you miss them and has key reports, toolkits and briefs from the field.
- United Philanthropy Forum Knowledgebase: With your membership, you also have FREE access this shared archive of hundreds of resources for grantmakers including reports, sample materials and more.
- Above all, the greatest benefit of NCG membership is that you become a part of the largest philanthropic community in Northern California. We provide opportunities for you to build real long-lasting relationships among your peers and help nurture your career path in the philanthropic sector.