NCG inspires our members to connect to their individual and shared purpose. We create space to celebrate one another, learn together, and leverage our strengths. NCG brings our members and partners together, as we engage both hearts and minds to rethink what’s possible.
For more detailed membership criteria, please contact NCG Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 415.777.4111.
Applying for membership is easy!
Benefits are the same for all members. Grantmaking Organization membership can include all staff and trustees. In other words, all individuals listed under an organization’s membership will receive full benefits.
Join NCG and take advantage of these great opportunities:
- Become a part of the largest philanthropic community in Northern California, with 200+ organizational members made up of over 3,000 individuals (and growing!).
- Join a community with a commitment to advancing racial equity in our region and in our sector.
- Connect with peers with similar interests for opportunities to work together through our funder collaboratives and networks, such as the Bay Area Homelessness Funders Network, the California Criminal Justice Funders Group, the Northern California Youth Organizing Funder Collaborative, and more.
- Deepen your learning through our programs and events (we hosted over 180 programs in 2020!), the vast majority of which are free to members.
- Take advantage of professional development opportunities through our signature conferences, cohorts, and institutes, such as our Annual Conference, Corporate Philanthropy Institute, Racial Equity Action Institute, and more. Members also receive a significant discount on any program fees.
- Share your news with us! Our biweekly newsletter reaches 3,000 individuals, and is the best place to showcase your news or your work to the Northern California philanthropic community. You’ll also receive all member communications, and get the latest on upcoming programs and events, news on NCG community members, and philanthropy opinions.
- Got a great program idea? We love to work with members to make their program ideas come to life.
- Access post-program recordings and program resources.
- Access to Candid’s Foundation Maps: California tool, a robust interactive map showing more than 80,000 grants by over a hundred California foundations, with data on who’s giving and where to inform your work.
- Receive a 25% discount for an Inside Philanthropy subscription as an NCG member.
- Utilize our member directory to get information on other members in the NCG community and how you can connect with them.
- Is your organization hiring? NCG members get complimentary postings on our jobs board, the most-visited page on our website.