The EBCF Senior Grants Specialist works on a team to oversee and execute all aspects of the grant making process. Key responsibilities of the Grants Management team include performing weekly grant review process, ensuring grant compliance throughout the life of a grant, maintaining the grants database, creating and processing various grant letters and agreements, supporting applicants and grantees, scheduling and tracking grant payments, reviewing and analyzing reports, providing expertise to a variety of stakeholders, and contributing to ongoing process improvement.
This particular role will be focused on the grantmaking needs of some of our largest philanthropic partners who house charitable vehicles at the Foundation, in particular Kaiser Permanente. This is a highly technical position focused primarily on compliance, accuracy, efficiency, and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Grants Due Diligence
- Manage the due diligence process for core philanthropic partners of the Foundation. Initially, this portfolio will be constituted entirely of the grantmaking needs of our partner Kaiser Permanente.
- This portfolio will consist of grants spread across the country, many of them complex, large volume, and in multi-year payment structures
- Assist with developing/editing complex grant agreements for the client’s anticipated grantees
- Review and process grant reports with multiple stakeholders
- Assist with continuously improving the grants due diligence processes at EBCF
- Ensure any legal questions are resolved in consultation with the Director of Grants Management, the CFO of EBCF, and/or outside legal counsel
- Communicate with grantees to gather information and to ensure compliance with IRS rules and regulations for both grant making and reporting, including for domestic expenditure responsibility grants
- As needed, assist with analyzing and creating presentations on the client’s grantmaking data for key meetings
- Identify and undertake operational improvement initiatives, special assignments, and research projects that will contribute to EBCF’s missions, vision, and values
- Protect information of a sensitive and confidential nature
- Minimum 5 years grants management experience, preferably at community foundations
- Compliance expertise especially with DAF regulations, conditional grants, expenditure responsibility, lobbying regulations
- Experience with complex, large dollar, multi-payment grants in a national portfolio
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional independence, time management, and organizational skills to manage a large workload
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills that contribute to effective collaborations
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions, to prioritize changing workloads in order to meet tight deadlines, and to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Fluency with Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of community foundation/other philanthropic institution accounting and grantmaking systems (e.g. FIMS) strongly preferred
See attached job description for more information.