About the East Bay Community Foundation
Founded in 1928 and supported by over 400 local donors, the East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) partners with fundholders, social movements, and the community to eliminate structural barriers, advance racial equity, and transform political, social, and economic outcomes for all who call the East Bay home. The Foundation is committed to advancing a Just East Bay, where all members of our community are treated fairly, resulting in equitable opportunity and outcomes for all. Today, EBCF manages over $800 million in community-based assets and offers charitable tools, funds, and investment options to enable donors to give smartly. For more information, visit ebcf.org.
We’re seeking a “user-obsessed” digital producer with top-flight coding skills and a passion for racial justice, social justice, and the power of our communities to join the Marketing & Communications team.
If you have creative vision for what we can build together, you’ll find a great home on our growing team. This position provides a chance to build a high-caliber user experience for community leaders and organizations and our philanthropic partners & donors. You will gain solid experience thinking through user journeys, applying marketing best practices, and bringing new ideas to life.
The Senior Digital Producer oversees email marketing and website development projects that represent our brand consistently and effectively. We plan to launch a new website in fall 2021, and this position will lead post-launch development projects.
This position is equal parts strategist, project manager, and implementer. The position will also be responsible for our digital asset infrastructure and provide production support when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces mobile-responsive emails with a clean, modern design that drives campaign performance among our engaged audiences;
- Manages email newsletter process through production, review, and QA steps;
- Uses campaign performance data to recommend and implement newsletter strategy & design optimization;
- Owns our email marketing strategy in partnership with the Vice President of Marketing & Communications; and
- Works with teams across the organization to contribute to special data systems projects.
Website development & maintenance
- Creates new webpages and performs website content updates ensuring pages are optimized for user experience;
- Ensures web forms, especially donation forms, communicate with backend data systems and processes;
- Uses data from Google Analytics to recommend and implement site improvements;
- Oversees web development projects including scoping, budgeting, priority setting, project management with external developers, and product delivery and testing;
- Serves as our primary website administrator ensuring site functionality and security; and
- Coordinates contractors and web developers on projects as needed.
(EBCF is on track to launch a new website in Fall 2021 with a fresh new design and clear backend interface built in WordPress.)
Graphics & digital asset management
- Implements and maintains a new digital asset management system;
- Lays out content out in pre-designed InDesign templates; and
- Resizes and optimizes graphics for website, email newsletters, and other digital placements.
(EBCF works with freelance designers and creative firms and does not have a full-time in-house creative team. The graphics & digital asset management responsibilities listed above are a small part of the role, and we’re hoping for a Senior Digital Producer to have the skills and experience to fill the gap. See more below.)
Candidate will possess:
- Experience leading successful email marketing and user experience design projects;
- Excellent HTML coding skills, including the ability to hard code email HTML;
- Experience managing WordPress websites with various plug-ins;
- Experience maintaining and replicating web forms for donation and other nonprofit fundraising functions;
- Experience building workplans and corresponding budgets for digital marketing projects like digital asset management, email template design, website feature development, app development;
- Knowledge of digital privacy regulations that dictate email and website policies and practices including CAN-SPAM, GDPR, and CCPA;
- Knowledge of website accessibility practices and experience working with vendors to enhance compliance and optimization.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate well via email, chat, and telephone;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships across departments;
- Strong organization skills, and ability to keep multiple projects moving forward on time. Experience working with project management tools like Asana especially desired;
- Flexibility and adaptability to achieve project goals with limited information and infrastructure. Openness to feedback;
- Ability to approach each day with curiosity, humor, integrity, humility, and compassion;
- Commitment to being part of a team, learning, accountability, openness to conflict, and attention to results; and
- Passion for racial justice and social justice movements, community organizing, and capacity building.