Working as a team with the Office Services Coordinator and the Operations and IT Specialist, the Receptionist provides both front desk responsibilities and general office support. This non-exempt position is based in our Los Altos office and reports to the COO. This position can be either full-time or part-time.
- Greet, announce, and direct visitors in a welcoming manner.
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming telephone calls and provide callers with basic information, as requested.
- Maintain office security procedures.
- Coordinate outgoing mail and delivery services and route incoming mail, deliveries, and publications.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of office and kitchen supplies and order, receive, and distribute, as appropriate.
- Maintain appearance of the reception area, conference rooms, and kitchen/lunchroom.
- Organize conference room reservations and coordinate logistical details and catering requirements for meetings.
- Schedule meetings, and provide general administrative and clerical support, as needed.
- Respond to staff and visitor requests and anticipate their needs.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, as needed
- College degree or high school graduate with equivalent experience.
- 1+ years of administrative experience in a professional office setting.
- Customer-service oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative experience and Microsoft Office skills.
- Able to work independently, anticipate needs, take initiative, and follow-through.
- Resourceful and skilled at problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Flexible, team-oriented, and willing to assist others, as needed.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Able to maintain both a professional demeanor and a sense of humor and be productive under pressure.
- Able to explain the Foundation’s history, values, and current funding initiatives.
- Nonprofit interest and/or experience is preferred.
Please see the attached document for more information.