Full-time/Exempt Mountain View, CA
Since 2007, the mission of Silicon Valley Community Foundation (SVCF) has been to advance innovative solutions to challenging problems. SVCF has engaged donors, corporations, government and community partners in efforts to make the Silicon Valley region and the world a better place.
Under CEO Nicole Taylor’s new leadership, the organization returns to its community foundation roots, focusing its resources on communicating and collaborating with local leaders and helping philanthropists be their most effective at accomplishing their charitable giving and community investment goals. Despite the area’s great wealth, the region’s residents are challenged by so much – dearth of affordable housing and accessible transit, financial instability and the precarious safety and security of immigrant residents, among other issues. The community foundation addresses these and other challenges, including educating our children and empowering community voices to effect change.
SVCF partners with community and government leaders to address public policy issues, advance the best ideas and direct resources swiftly and strategically toward critical issues. The foundation serves as a resource for nonprofit, civic, government and philanthropic organizations.
The new leadership team is building on SVCF staff’s good work to bolster organizational culture. In a 2018 initiative, staff identified its core values as courage, collaboration, inclusion, respect and accountability – and these form the bedrock of SVCF’s approach to working internally, partnering with donors and collaborating with communities.
The Projects and Events Manager is an integral member of SVCF’s marketing and communications team. The manager supports the goals of the organization and the department by meeting with internal clients to discuss marketing needs and to communicate best practices and marketing process. The role also manages SVCF events from the marketing perspective, continuously explores and suggests efficiencies and improvements in department operations and makes sure all projects are appropriately budgeted for.Thisposition reports to the VP, Marketing & Communications.
- Project Management and Operations:
- Manage various marketing projects – from concept to implementation and deliverables — for internal partners across all organizational divisions. Respond to requests from internal clients.
- With input from the VP and the EVP of Marketing and Communications, manage department production schedules and notify appropriate marketing team members when necessary for any materials, information, etc., that are required to complete scheduled projects.
- Prioritize project workflow within the marketing team using project management software; analyze workflow successes and bottlenecks using this software.
- Provide internal client consultation as needed regarding marketing and communications best practices and process.
- Develop or refine internal procedures to improve department workflow and operations.
- In partnership with the VP, meet with internal clients on a regular basis to understand goals and identify key messages for communications. Ensure marketing and communication team’s projects support these goals and align with key messages.
- Work with vendors to complete marketing projects, delegate project tasks as appropriate.
- Support additional marketing efforts of the department and take on special projects and duties as assigned.
- Event Marketing and Operations:
- Lead cross-functional planning teams for SVCF’s annual, marquee events. Lead as marketing representative for external clients and event partners.
- Manage production of event marketing deliverables.
- Coordinate with and manage vendors as needed.
- Budget Planning:
- In coordination with the EVP, ensure all planned organizational projects with marketing deliverables are appropriately budgeted for in the annual marketing budget.
- Maintain communication with all departments to ensure their upcoming projects with marketing deliverables have available budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field required
- At least 4 years of experience in marketing and communications field, preferably in a nonprofit or public service environment
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications best practices and industry standards
- Ability to analyze, interpret and express complex concepts clearly to different audiences
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment with high standards
- Working knowledge of project management best practices
- Proficiency in (or eagerness to learn) project management software
- Be comfortable with shifting priorities or ambiguity; ability to manage complexity well
- Show both initiative and independence in carrying out job responsibilities, while acting as a cooperative team member
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor and willingness to learn
- Excellent written communications skills; familiarity in Associated Press style preferred
- Background in integrated, multichannel marketing
- Equal levels of comfort with thinking strategically and executing on tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization