About Hirsch Philanthropy Partners
Hirsch Philanthropy Partners believes in actively creating a more equitable and uplifting world through meaningful, high-impact collaboration.
As a pioneer in the field of philanthropic advising, Hirsch Philanthropy Partners has more than two decades of experience helping individuals, families, and foundations create and implement visionary giving strategies. Our team directs over $115M annually to the organizations, community leaders, and public sector agencies boldly solving our most pressing social issues. Our deep Bay Area and national roots and relationships catalyze potent connections and ignite change.
Our ability to bring people together to solve problems, belief in the possibility of innovative methods and surprising ideas, and courage to make the world better in spite of great disparities serve as the foundation for our work. We ask the right questions, design original solutions, and take big ideas to the next level.
While our world is complex and our challenges greater than ever, Hirsch's vision, optimism, and experience forge an ambitious path in response to growing and shifting demands. We know what’s possible because we’ve created impact for more than 20 years. Our team believes in the power of creating deep, systemic change for future generations. We believe that our work can transform the world.
Our talented staff have served as leaders of national nonprofits and congressional offices, management consultants, advertising executives, foundation staff, teachers, and advocates. We are specialists in a wide range of issues including education, democracy, health, racial and economic justice, environmental protection, the arts, community development and more.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website: www.hirschphilanthropy.com
Hirsch Philanthropy Partners seeks to hire an Associate to join our growing team. The Associate plays a key role in our work on behalf of philanthropic clients, providing wide-ranging research, development of written client materials, and stewardship and administration of grants. This position presents an exciting opportunity for a candidate with work experience in the private, non-profit or business sector who is interested in the field of philanthropy and consulting, with the potential for growth and advancement.
• Steward grants and grant portfolios throughout the grant cycle, including reviewing grant proposals and reports, finalizing grant agreements, and managing relationships with grantees and other key stakeholders
• Manage projects and timelines for grant stewardship, client related activities and the preparation of meeting materials
• Research and analyze a wide range of issue areas and organizations; synthesize and share findings and recommendations with colleagues and clients
• Work closely with multiple client teams to implement philanthropic strategies and projects
• Develop clear and compelling materials for client and business development purposes, including correspondence, presentations, reports and summaries
• Administer and manage the grants process including updating grant information in grants management database, generating grantee letters, tracking payment and progress report schedules
• Actively participate as a key member of a collaborative team committed to positive culture, continuous improvement and community impact
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3+ years work experience in non-profit, philanthropy or business
Qualifications and Skills:
• Relationship builder who is adept at working with a diversity of partners
• Excellent skills in writing, listening and oral communication
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
• Maintains high standard of quality, efficiency and attention to detail
• Critical thinker and quick learner
• Collegial and collaborative team player
• Deep interest in the field of philanthropy
Compensation and Benefits
• Total compensation includes a competitive base salary, performance-based bonus and an excellent package of health benefits and a retirement plan with matching.
• Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, and Disability & Life Insurance: we offer several options for affordable healthcare coverage. In addition, we also provide life insurance, disability, and other coverages.
• Paid Time Off and Holidays: we offer a competitive PTO package and an additional ten paid holidays each year.
• Flexible Work Arrangements: our firm supports a flexible work arrangement and offers eligible employees up to two remote workdays per week.
• 401(k) plan offered to eligible employees following 3 months of employment. Hirsch will match 3% of eligible compensation (immediate vesting), regardless of whether the employee participates in the plan.
• Additional Benefits: we also offer a pre-tax commuter benefit, flexible spending account, and volunteer leave.
*The company reserves the right to modify and change benefits as needed and at their sole discretion.
Please email the following materials to Lisa Long at email@example.com with “Associate Position” in the subject line:
• Resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience
• A recent writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write in a clear and accessible style about a complex issue and/or to make a compelling recommendation or argument
• List of three references
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview. Please do not call the Hirsch office.
Hirsch Philanthropy Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background. We are committed to a collaborative work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.