ABOUT ALL STARS HELPING KIDS
All Stars Helping Kids is dedicated to improving the lives of marginalized youth in the Bay Area. Founded in 1989, All Stars Helping Kids is a San Francisco Bay Area-based foundation that invests in emerging nonprofits with innovative solutions that move youth from poverty to prosperity. Each year, All Stars selects a cohort of Bay Area nonprofits to participate in a three-year intensive program that is designed to help build the organizational capacity, financial sustainability and community impact of those organizations working to disrupt the cycle of poverty for Bay Area youth.
All Stars is not a typical grant making organization. We partner closely with each of the organizations in our portfolio and provide trainings, check-ins, networking opportunities, resources and 1-on-1 coaching throughout the year. We use a collaborative approach to engage our staff, grantees, alumni, and partners. We firmly believe that once you are part of the All Stars team, you’re always part of the All Stars team.
One of our core values is our commitment to diversity and we strive for a diverse and culturally competent team. To learn more, visit www.allstarshelpingkids.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
In this newly created position, the Program Associate will be instrumental in supporting a wide range of capacity building and technical assistance that help drive the impact and financial sustainability of All Stars’ portfolio of high-impact nonprofits. The Program Associate will be joining a small team of passionate nonprofit professionals who work closely together; each leveraging their own unique skillsets and approach to better serve the organizations in the portfolio.
In partnership with the Program Director and Executive Director, the Program Associate will support our Accelerator Program as well as help develop and launch new programs such as the Alumni Program and Strategic Advisor Network. The Program Associate reports to the Program Director.
- Build strong relationships with grantees to support their growth throughout the three year Accelerator Program by responding to inquiries, assessing grantee needs, assisting with grant reporting and more.
- Support the development and launch of All Stars new Alumni Program to support our program graduates who are looking to scale their impact.
- Work with the Program Director to provide a more robust set of quarterly capacity building trainings, peer networking and learning opportunities, and donor events.
- Process grants through their full lifecycle including: creating, maintaining and updating the application, grant reports and evaluation tools.
- Organize and participate in meetings with grantees, alumni and partners through scheduling, preparing the necessary materials for the meeting, and contributing to the discussions.
- Assist in coordinating events such as trainings and donor events as needed.
- Assist with improving the evaluation and outcome measurements to demonstrate the impact and outcomes of All Stars programs through improved data collection, outcome tracking and development of impact reports.
- Assist with increasing our outreach and community engagement to funders, donors, partners, and the nonprofit community through social media, online communications, newsletters, and impact reports.
Organizational Partnering & Initiatives
- Collaborate with team members in on-going learning and process improvements, incorporating external and internal feedback to constantly improve how we do our work.
- Exhibit and maintain trust-based and productive relationships with a wide range of organizaitons and individuals, including grantees, funding partners, Board members and staff.
- Assist with building out a strong network of strategic advisors, subject matter experts, and coaches to provide technical assistance and coaching to our program participants and alumni on strategy, finance, organizational development, fundraising, marketing, and other critical areas of development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree along with demonstrated project management or grant making experience.
- Candidates with Associate Degrees will also be considered with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated project management or grant making experience.
- A passion for working with nonprofit organizations and youth, demonstrated through their work, extracurricular activities or volunteering.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong team orientation, positive attitude, integrity, self-motivation and discipline
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail, reliability and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, self-manage priorities and goal for projects, consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to run a project from beginning to end
- A “No job is too big or too small” attitude
- Ability to pivot from one task to another without “dropping the ball”
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes that describe how we at All Stars strive to do our work with each other, our portfolio and our partners:
- Committed to Excellence
- Open and Honest
- Humble and Self-Aware
- Culturally Competent
- Highly Collaborative
- Self Starter
- Sense of Humor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Experience with Asana and WizeHive a plus
LOCATION: Ability to work effectively remotely until the office reopens at 4675 Stevens Creek Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95051
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time non-exempt position. Compensation will be commensurate with relative work experience and education. All Stars Helping Kids provides benefits for eligible employees. Current benefits include: medical, dental and vision coverage, vacation and sick leave, retirement plan matching, and more.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: Julie Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. All Stars Helping Kids is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates for this search. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
All correspondence will remain confidential.