San Francisco, CA
About Tipping Point
Tipping Point’s mission is to break the cycle of poverty for people in the Bay Area who don’t have the resources to meet their basic needs. Since 2005, Tipping Point has raised more than $260 million for early childhood, education, employment, and housing solutions in the region. Our board covers 100% of our operating costs, so every dollar donated goes where it’s needed most. Last year, we helped more than 20,000 people connect to opportunities that break the cycle of poverty. Visit www.tippingpoint.org to learn more.
Tipping Point’s core values are at the heart of everything we do and we look for individuals who share our commitments:
- We are one community. We believe that the responsibility for fighting poverty belongs to all of us.
- We serve. Our approach is humble and respectful. We exist to meet the needs of others.
- We celebrate generosity. Every gift counts, whether big or small.
- We get results. We are relentless in the pursuit of our goals. We hold ourselves and each other accountable.
- We are always learning. We are risk takers. We commit to facing our challenges as we support solutions that last.
What will you do?
We are seeking a Program Assistant enthusiastic about fighting poverty in the Bay Area. The Program Assistant will support the Program team and Chief Program Officer (CPO) with all administrative and operational functions, including scheduling, meeting preparation, grants and contracts management, data entry, and managing regular communication with grantees and other stakeholders. This position reports directly to the CPO.
- Provide administrative support to the CPO and Program team, including calendar management and meeting agendas.
- Review, respond to, and document all funding inquiries.
- Assist with planning and logistics of grantee and partner related events including workshops, funder networking and appreciation events.
- Document and record all grant awards and relevant contracts in Salesforce and oversee the grant agreement and payment process, working with the Finance team to reconcile records, including commitments, grants executed and payments.
- Assist with data entry to capture management assistance activities and other touch points with current grantees and other stakeholders and partners; ensure updated contact information for email distribution lists.
- Manage processes and deadlines for Board Committee materials; compile and ensure typo free Board Committee materials in accordance with Tipping Point style guide and templates.
Who are you?
- You have at least 3 year of professional experience providing administrative support, data entry, and drafting and editing written communications.
- You are super organized. You are known for your keen attention to detail and you love developing and efficiently maintaining systems and processes.
- You are tech savvy. You have experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Adobe, and Salesforce.
- You have a customer service mentality. You invest in people and recognize you are part of a whole. You learn from others, teach those around you, and truly care about the people you work with, leading to a better outcome for everyone.
- You are a creative problem solver. You have the ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity. You get a kick out of digging deep and are savvy at leveraging technology to make the task easier.
- You are passionate. Passionate about the issues, your role, our impact, or anything else. That passion energizes you.
Nice to have*:
- Financial or data experience
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Experience working for a foundation or non-profit
*“Nice to have” really means just that; it’s entirely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit. It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas — we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
Salary + Classification
Tipping Point is committed to paying competitive wages. In an effort to increase equity, because we know that salary negotiations tend to have an unfair bias, we do not participate in a salary negotiation process for any candidate. We will make our best offer, and it will be the same regardless of the candidate. The annual starting salary for the Program Assistant role is $65,000. This is a non-exempt position as defined by state and federal law. Non-exempt employees are paid on a salaried basis and are eligible for overtime pay.
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Tipping Point will consider qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.