Position Title: Program Assistant – Oakland
Reports To: President & CEO
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and programmatic support to the program department in alignment with strategic goals and activities and the mission of California Humanities.
- Takes initiative to create and maintain administrative systems, in collaboration with other staff, to address the needs of the program department with regard to grantmaking and operating programs including:
- responding to, screening, and routing in-person, phone, and email program inquiries
- drafting and proofreading documents and correspondence
- maintaining constituent files and databases in collaboration with the Grants Manager
- maintaining access, storage, and orderly archiving of program products and materials.
- Takes initiative, in collaboration with program staff, to establish and maintain effective communication platforms and systems to address the needs of the program department, including:
- maintaining meeting agendas, task calendars, and reminders
- facilitating weekly program staff meetings
- note-taking and logistical arrangements for program-related meetings
- facilitating information sharing from outside meetings and events
- assisting with setup and delivery of outreach webinars
- maintaining program contacts in Salesforce
- Keeps program staff abreast of program administration issues.
- Support program evaluation processes including data entry, analysis, and interpretation, in collaboration with other staff
- Organizes logistical arrangements for program-related travel, meetings, convenings, panels as requested
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Collaborates with the Communications Manager to support the implementation of program-related communications and fund development activities including:
- assistance with web-based program content development, uploading, and social networking, as needed
- primary responsibility for updating applicant, grantee, and California Humanities program information and activities in the online calendar
- providing program-related data as needed
- Collaborates with the administration and finance department on financial and administrative matters related to program delivery, as needed.
- Assists program staff with the preparation of documents and presentations for the Board, and supports Board program committee meetings and full Board meetings as needed.
- ·Collaborates with California Humanities staff as needed on organization-wide projects such as NEH assessment, compliance reports, events, annual/biennial reporting, etc.
- Supports and participates in program, all-staff, and ad hoc staff meetings and provides information and perspectives as requested.
- ·Assists the program staff in the cultivation and maintenance of relationships with individuals, organizations, and institutions to further the effective implementation of program goals and administration.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong interest in, and commitment to, the humanities and California Humanities’ mission and programs.
- 2-3 years administrative experience in a nonprofit setting
- Experience with and interest in the use of technology for administrative and communication purposes.
- Ability to communicate effectively in different circumstances and through different means (written, oral, visual) with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- A flexible, supportive, and collaborative work style, and a good sense of humor.
- A humanities-based degree is optional, but desirable.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 15, 2019.
California Humanities is an equal opportunity employer and believes in a diverse work force, and applicants from all communities are encouraged to apply.