The Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (the Federation) of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties is a philanthropic catalyst, connecting Bay Area Jews – of all ages, backgrounds, and perspectives – to the power we have as a community to improve the world. We partner with donors, organizations, and foundations to address the pressing issues facing our community and develop innovative strategies that result in deep and lasting impact.
Our vision is a vibrant, connected, and enduring Jewish community that is a force for good locally, in Israel, and around the world. Our work is guided by the timeless Jewish values of kehilla (community), tzedakah (giving with just intention), and tikkun olam (repairing the world).
The Federation seeks highly motivated individuals with a variety of skill sets to build the next generation of Federation engagement. We are especially interested in forward-thinking, collaborative, and open-minded candidates who are willing to take risks, possess a high level of integrity, and model a positive attitude that inspires confidence.
The Planned Giving & Endowments Associate serves as a key team member responsible for providing administrative, fundraising, and programmatic support to the Senior Director of Planned Giving & Endowments of the Jewish Community Federation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Planned Giving & Endowment Funds
- Provide exceptional support for Client Services functions across Planned Giving & Endowments department, including new and existing planned gifts, restricted funds and agency funds. Work with vast constituents: prospects, donors, professional advisors, agency fund partners, estate executors and internal partners across the Federation.
- Coordinate paperwork flow; calendar management; establish and maintain paper and electronic filing systems; and draft and edit donor /estate communications.
- Work with and maintain sensitive and confidential financial, estate planning and restricted fund documentation such as wills, trusts, gift agreements, and other legal documents.
- Serve as the business owner for planned giving record management and reporting in Raiser’s Edge –confirm, update and manage database records for open new planned gift and estate commitment proposals; active planned gifts; bequest expectancies; and active open estates.
- Assist with processing of new planned gifts, realized bequests, fund set up and gift receipts.
- Provide logistical support for meetings and events. Work with caterers, reserve facilities, set up meetings, take minutes, mail invitations, manage mailing lists, developing speaker and attendee profiles, and manage registration and other on-site logistical activities.
- Assist in the development and distribution of presentations, print and electronic materials and mailings to aid with the solicitation and cultivation of planned giving donors and prospects.
- Partner with Marketing and IT to keep Planned Giving and Endowments print and website resources up to date.
- Assist with restricted and agency fund quarterly reporting as needed.
- Assist with the management of membership lists and stewardship activities for Legacy Society members.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 -5 years of program development and coordination, or related experience
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES)
- Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent listening and analytical skills.
- Team player, takes initiative with the capacity to work independently and collaboratively, based on the situation, in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, including a willingness to work with a variety of staff members, and lay leaders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with accuracy, attention to detail, confidentiality
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, Raiser’s Edge and Excel.
- Experience working closely with multiple stakeholders including donors and volunteers
- Preferred knowledge of and appreciation for the Jewish community, its customs, and practices
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications and inquiries will receive a response and will be kept strictly confidential.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits — medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick pay, holidays (including Jewish), and retirement plan.