With more than $1.5 billion in assets, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Together with its donors, the foundation distributed $154 million to nonprofit organizations last fiscal year. The San Francisco Foundation serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
Reports To: Director of Philanthropic Services
The Philanthropy and Gift Planning Assistant (PGPA) is a key member of the Foundation’s Philanthropy and Gift Planning Department. The PGPA will provide administrative support for the day-to-day customer service needs of SFF’s donors, providing the highest quality assistance and support to staff and donors. The PGPA will support members of the team to ensure they are fully prepared to assist and engage donors. This position will often serve as the initial point of contact for donor inquiries and requests which requires attention to detail, basic knowledge of PGP’s donor services, and thorough and timely follow up. The PGPA will also engage with other members of the Foundation to obtain information and knowledge to help the department’s work and operations.
Approximately 50% of the PGPA’s time will be spent providing administrative support to the department’s Philanthropic Services (“PSG”). This work will include:
- Providing scheduling and logistical support for meetings and donor events
- Assisting PGP with donor requests such as grant entry, donor documents, and donor portal questions,
- Assisting with the entry of donor activities in Salesforce for PGP,
- Providing administrative support on special donor funds such as scholarships and award funds,
- Providing research support to PGP
Approximately 50% of the PGPA’s time will be devoted to operational functions designed to help manage relationships with donors. This work will include:
- Maintaining donor and fund information in Salesforce and in other systems used by the department,
- Generating donor reports for Philanthropic Services staff to track donor involvement and engagement,
- Assisting in the generation of donor gift receipts,
- Assisting in the production and distribution of donor fund statements,
- Providing back up support of other departmental work as needed and with prior approval of Chief of Philanthropy.
The ideal candidate is a team player, professional, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative and effectively represents The San Francisco Foundation in a variety of settings. Strong commitment to the nonprofit sector and sensitivity to diverse populations and communities required.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in customer service or donor relations, in a team-oriented organization committed to excellence in supporting its clients and partners.
- Experience in databases and data entry management and best practices preferably in a fundraising or sales environment.
- Strong project management, administrative, and organizational skills and detail orientated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and strong listening
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, and meet deadlines is required.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience in supporting direct donor / client relations services is highly desired, preferably with high net worth individuals and families.
TECHNICAL ABILITY AND SKILLS
- Advanced computer skills in the Microsoft environment including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce would be desirable.
- Must have the desire and ability to quickly learn new applications as they are introduced into the work environment and as appropriate.
Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package.