POSITION: Operations Associate
SV2 is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented Operations Associate who is passionate about nonprofit management and will work with our team to drive the success of our programs and operations. This position offers a unique opportunity to work with an exciting group of local givers and dynamic social ventures in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund (commonly known as SV2) is a vibrant community of givers and change-makers who come together to learn about effective giving and pool their resources to invest
in innovative nonprofits and early-stage social enterprises. SV2’s mission is to unleash the resources and talents of the Silicon Valley Community to achieve meaningful social impact. SV2 pursues its mission through an engaged giving model with three core lines of work:
- Grants & Impact Investments: Our donors (called “Partners”) pool their capital to give financial support to high potential social ventures and work together to identify and fund the most promising organizations
- Beyond-the-Dollars Support: Many Partners roll up their sleeves and contribute time and expertise in service of SV2 Grantees’ needs
- Learning Programs: We offer workshops, speakers, and other opportunities for Partners and Grantees to augment their learning and growth
Five key tenets serve as guiding principles for SV2’s strategies. These tenets represent the values and purpose that SV2 seeks to infuse in our work:
- We will foster a community of continuous learners with Partners, Grantees, Investees, and community members.
- We will broaden the voices involved in our work as we seek to break down the traditional power dynamics in philanthropy.
- We will be leaders in practices that align giving and investing with personal values.
- We will work with our network of change makers to drive impact in our Bay Area community.
- Equity is a central through line in our work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Operations Associate will be supervised by the Chief Operating & Portfolio Officer and will work closely with the entire SV2 team. The role will primarily focus on supporting SV2’s operations, including administrative support, communications, events, and data management, but will also include broad exposure to all areas of SV2’s model. Specific tasks will include:
- Interface with outsourced accounting firm to coordinate regular financial data transfer
- Manage Salesforce data input, dashboards and other reports that support program and operations
- Track donor contributions and send acknowledgements
- Provide administrative support for CEO and COO
- Provide logistical support for Board meetings and Partner-led initiatives
- Project management of twice-monthly eNews, including coordination of content creation, graphic design and layout, and use of Active Campaign platform for distribution
- Support of other communications, including social media and Annual Impact Report
- Ongoing website support
- Ongoing support of SV2’s online collaboration platform
- Point person for in-person and remote event logistics, including Eventbrite descriptions, monitoring registrations and related communications, coordinating catering, and attendance data entry in Salesforce
- Set up and break down before and after in-person events, including name tags, handouts, and table/chair setup
- A/V support for in-person events, including projection, audio recording, and/or coordination with videographer
- Interface with vendors
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, including donor checks
- Provide administrative support for organizational calendar
- Maintain organizational file systems (digital and physical)
- Monitor and order office/kitchen supplies
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a proactive self-starter who is passionate about social impact and equity, and who wants to create and implement systems that help bring these organizational commitments to life. You're a good fit if you work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with attention to detail and a deep enthusiasm for organizational processes.
- Passion for social change and commitment to equity
- Outstanding attention to detail and service orientation
- Entrepreneurial team player with a can-do approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, fluid work environment
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with Excel and Salesforce
- Experience using Wordpress for website updates
- Experience coordinating and executing events
- Graphic design experience
- Understanding of philanthropy and the nonprofit sector
SALARY, BENEFITS, and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The annual starting salary for the Operations Associate is $70,000 to $80,000. This full-time position meets the exemption requirements as defined by state and federal law. Hours are generally regular business hours, with occasional evening commitments. SV2’s benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan with employer match, funds for professional development, and five weeks of paid time off per year.
Hybrid Work Environment:
SV2 is committed to the safety of our staff and to facilitating connection and community with one another. We have been working remotely since March 2020, but we are moving slowly into a hybrid work environment. We expect that going forward, we will be in our Redwood City office some days during the week, and working from home some days. We also expect that some of our programming will remain virtual and some will be conducted in person. Please note that in a constantly changing environment, SV2 team members will need to maintain flexibility.
SV2 is committed to providing our staff with a safe work environment and helping to promote the health of our community. As such, SV2 will require all employees to confidentially show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless they are unable to receive the vaccine because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII, and applicable state laws, SV2 is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for employees who (1) cannot take the vaccine due to a medical disability or (2) seek an exemption from the vaccine based on sincerely held religious beliefs.
SV2 values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. SV2 is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity organization. We are committed to equity and to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume (in one PDF) with the subject line in the following format -- YOUR NAME, OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE -- to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to hearing from you!