REPORTS TO: Grants & Operations Manager
ABOUT THE STUART FOUNDATION
The Stuart Foundation is a private family foundation based in San Francisco and is dedicated to improving life outcomes for young people through education. We work to ensure that education systems in California and Washington provide opportunities for students to learn, achieve and thrive.
Primarily working through public education systems, we promote strategies that nurture students to be self-reliant, succeed in education and careers, and engage meaningfully in their communities.
The Foundation has an asset base of $530 million, a staff of 20, and makes charitable expenditures of approximately $21 million per year for the benefit of children and youth in the states of California and Washington.
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring that daily operations run smoothly and are effective, efficient and responsive to the Foundation’s needs. Primary responsibilities include creating, managing, supporting and improving the operations and information technology systems of the Foundation. This position works closely with the Administrative & Operations Assistant.
OPERATIONS: The Manager is the lead for the daily operations of the Foundation and is the go-to person for technology support and trouble-shooting and works in partnership with the Administrative & Operations Assistant.
TRAINING & DOCUMENTATION:
- Ensures that all staff are trained on operations processes, equipment, and facilities
- Responsible for orienting new staff and providing continuous learning for current staff
- Maintains a comprehensive Operations Manual; creates instructions for staff regarding operations procedures
FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT USE/MAINTENANCE:
- Ensures that all office facilities and equipment are functional and maintained in a clean and orderly condition
- Expert in the use of all equipment, including computers, laptops, audio-visual, phones
- Manages and serves as the point-of-contact for vendor relationships
SAFETY & EMERGENCY:
- Ensures the Foundation meets building safety and emergency requirements
- Oversees the ergonomic requirements of the office
MEETINGS & CONVENINGS:
- Manages logistics for internal and external meetings of the Foundation, including Board meetings, with support from the staff convening team
TECHNOLOGY and MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS (IT/MIS): The Manager plays a key role in helping to ensure that technology needs are addressed in timely way and in contributing to improvements.
- Serves as the day-to-day liaison with the Foundation’s information technology (IT) consulting and support firm
- Trains and supports staff with current and new office and individual equipment and software
- Helps test new technology applications
- Assists supervisor with technology planning
- Participates in the internal Salesforce support group, serves as a systems administrator, and partners with supervisor to maintain the system
- Responsible for website technology and posting regular updates
- Contributes to the development of a supportive and collaborative work environment by participating on internal teams, committees, and other meetings
- Provides front desk back-up support as needed
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing the office operations for an organization
- Outstanding organizational skills, detail orientation, and a demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Solutions-focused with a can-do attitude; enjoys helping others
- Skilled at communicating and managing across the organization
- Basic aptitude and strong appetite to learn data and technology systems. Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience with Salesforce or other databases preferred
- Flexible; can re-prioritize tasks
- Sense of humor
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lift, move and carry 20 pounds
- Current California driver’s license
The Stuart Foundation provides a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest and a resume to Brad Sink, Chief Financial Officer, at: email@example.com. Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line.
NO CALLS PLEASE
The position is now open.
Review of applications will begin with resumes received by Monday, March 4, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
The Stuart Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Foundation policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, military service, legally protected medical condition or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.