Pacific Foundation Services, LLC (PFS) is a professional services firm that manages over 35 independent family foundations. We provide whatever a foundation needs to operate optimally, including strategic advice, board support, grantmaking programs, compliance, financial management and a physical home. With a current staff of 41, we value competence and camaraderie, and work together to make the most of our collective experience. We thrive on collaboration and share our talents to provide top-level service to our clients.
The Office and Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring smooth daily operations, including managing office operations, technology, and supplies, and ensuring office facilities adequately support staff work. The Office and Operations Manager is often the first point of contact for visitors to the office. As a critical member of the PFS team, attendance in the PFS offices is an essential function of this job. The position is full-time (37.5 hours per week), nonexempt, and reports to the VP of Administration.
Office Management (Physical and Virtual)
- Develop office operations and systems as needed, or improve upon existing systems for greater efficiency and functioning;
- Working with VP of Administration, take a leadership role in updating office systems to better support hybrid work as PFS staff return to the office in 2022;
- Maintain overall office appearance and functionality;
- Assist with facilities management as needed;
- Manage relationships and contracts with office vendors;
- Manage logistics of staff meetings, board meetings, and team building activities, both virtual and in-person;
- Supervise maintenance of and troubleshoot all office equipment;
- Provide training and support for staff with minor technical issues and serve as point of contact for IT support;
- Provide training for new employees on office systems;
- Answer incoming calls, answer door, receive packages, and manage visitors through Envoy;
- Sort and distribute mail;
- Manage office supplies (inventory and ordering) and office supply budget;
- Manage office petty cash fund;
- Assume leadership role in moving offices toward more “green” operational practices;
- Assist VP of Administration with special projects as assigned.
Skills and Attributes Needed
- Minimum of five years administrative experience, including at least three years office management and/or other operations experience;
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently, as well as with others, in a collaborative, often fast-paced, team environment;
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications;
- Strong interpersonal skills, tolerance, flexibility, and humor;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office and database programs;
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Demonstrated interest in the Bay Area community and the nonprofit sector;
- Demonstrated commitment to PFS values of generosity, respect, integrity, inclusion, commitment and humility;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and discretion about confidential matters.
PFS has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Santa Rosa. This position will be based in the San Francisco office and may require very infrequent travel to the Palo Alto office. Our office is currently aiming to re-open in March 2022 with many staff working hybrid schedules. This role will be required to be in the office daily when the office re-opens.
Salary: $44.50 - $47.50 hourly, DOE
PFS is committed to paying competitive wages. In an effort to increase equity, and because we know that salary negotiations tend to have an unfair bias, we do not participate in salary negotiations outside of this stated starting salary range.
Benefits: Include medical, dental, vision, Section 125 plan, 401K retirement, charitable gift matching, public transportation subsidies and more
Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, salary requirements, and a resume to:
Fiona Smith, Vice President of Administration
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
Hiring Process and Timeline:
- Phone interview to discuss general qualifications and give more detail about the position - will be scheduled on a rolling basis
- Video interviews - will be scheduled in early February
- We are aiming for a late February/early March start date
Pacific Foundation Services is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion, and our staff is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the Firm’s achievement, as well. We consider all qualified applicants for employment and our company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information and characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
All final candidates must provide three relevant employment references and be able to verify the right to work in the United States. Upon commencing employment, candidates will also be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as currently defined by the CDC. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law. However, applicants should be aware that this position requires close contact with a variety of individuals and accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable.