Northern California Grantmakers (NCG) brings people in the field of philanthropy together to shift resources and power to the hands of people who are making positive change in our communities. We are seeking someone who loves all things digital to join our team and engage our members who are, in turn, nudging and enticing their institutions toward racial equity, social change, and outstanding practices. NCG is a membership association for our region’s philanthropic community. We bring funders and other key stakeholders together to learn, share, grow and tackle big issues. Learn more at ncg.org.
This role requires a local Bay Area person with strong execution skills and detail orientation, the interpersonal savvy to work effectively with a range of external and internal partners, and the acumen and intellectual ability to support various strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate will identify with the goals and mission of NCG and believe in the power of people coming together for change. While a part of the Member Engagement team, the Coordinator is also expected to support the Public Affairs and Operations and Finance team as necessary and appropriate. A successful candidate will need to blend flexibility with disciplined execution and strong self-awareness and confidence in operating through informal channels as well as established hierarchy.
Essential Job Functions
- Outreach & recruitment: Support and track new membership campaigns; manage communications with prospective members; conduct prospective member research and tracking;
- Processing: Process membership applications and invoice new and ongoing members;
- Onboarding: Welcome new members, and orient them to NCG, ensure dues payments, and troubleshoot technical issues;
- Renewals: Maximize membership renewals; set up renewal campaigns in Salesforce; follow up with members who do not renew in a timely manner and refer complex situations to VP of Member Engagement; and track financial performance;
- Membership Engagement Committee: Manage the Member Engagement Committee and track financial performance of membership renewals, forecasting and reporting. Work with VP of Membership to think strategically about membership goals and processes, and execute the strategy;
- Manage additional special membership projects: Support board and key partner engagement, membership research and surveys, and other special projects as needed
Online Technology (35%)
- Salesforce: Provide leadership and guidance on NCG’s use of Salesforce.
- Assist with creating best practices, workflows for tasks, adding new features and ensuring functionality in Salesforce and Drupal and integration, identifying problems and troubleshooting solutions.
- Drive a robust metrics and measurement program to assess the ROI/effectiveness of various marketing programs and the overall marketing budget. Recommend changes to campaign strategy as appropriate.
- Manage all Salesforce data and ensure data cleanliness and usability and reporting
- Manage Salesforce training, support requests, user accounts and licensing
- Website and Communications: Assist in maintaining website and communications content to ensure effective uses of technology to advance organizational goals;
- Membership Data: Provide support for online functionalities, including managing member accounts, reconciling Drupal-Salesforce mapping issues, running reports, and additional support as needed;
- Relationships: Respond to member inquiries, direct communication to and back up member services; Manage relationships with partners.
Other Support (5%)
- Perform general administrative duties (meeting set up, communications, mail, copying, filing, etc.); but not limited to Operations and Finance, Strategic Initiatives, and Public Affairs;
- Undergraduate degree in related area or commensurate experience;
- One to three years of experience with; Salesforce, social media software, and web publishing software;
- Values-Aligned: Contribute to organizational culture and values. Demonstrate commitment to advancing racial equity.
Benefits and Environment
Workplace Environment. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are baked into everything we do, and we encourage applicants of diverse race, ethnic culture, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and physical abilities to bring your lived experiences along with your professional selves.
Benefits. We offer a robust benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, paid time off for community service and participation in a retirement plan. You would be joining a team of individuals committed to social impact, a positive work culture, and a respect for the many different aspects of life.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and at least one work sample to email@example.com. Please add Member Engagement Coordinator and your last name in the subject line. Your cover letter is an opportunity to tell a story that illuminates your interest in the field of philanthropy and in the work of Northern California Grantmakers.
This job description does not necessarily list all the duties of the job. This job description is not a contract for employment.