About the East Bay Community Foundation
Founded in 1928 and supported by over 400 local donors, the East Bay Community Foundation partners with fundholders, social movements, and the community to eliminate structural barriers, advance racial equity, and transform political, social, and economic outcomes for all who call the East Bay home. The Foundation is committed to advancing a Just East Bay, where all members of our community are treated fairly; resulting in equitable opportunity and outcomes for all. Today, EBCF manages over $800 million in community-based assets and offers charitable tools, funds, and investment options to enable donors to give smartly. For more information, visit ebcf.org.
We’re seeking a “project management adventurist” who is passionate about racial justice and social justice to join the Marketing & Communications team.
If keeping details organized and ensuring that what you have to say is clearly understood are important to you, you’ll find a good fit on our team. This is a great opportunity to learn about social sector communications & marketing, how creative projects are built, and the unique value that EBCF creates for the East Bay community. We’re looking for a candidate who loves piloting new ways of working, who is flexible and is willing to do things differently to achieve our goals, and who loves to geek-out about efficiency and project management.
The Marketing and Communications Project Associate is a new position that will be the glue that keeps our growing team moving forward. The person in this role will interact with a wide array of team members across the organization. They will be responsible for three key functions of our department: Administrative Support, Project Management, and Communications & Production Support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules meetings for the Vice President of Marketing & Communications;
- Takes notes in meetings, supports meeting facilitation, and translates notes into action items and Asana tasks; and
- Processes contracts, invoices, and expense reimbursements.
- Works with teams from different departments to ensure marketing & communications project requests are efficiently submitted and processed;
- Manages the project pipeline which includes creating tasks for project completion and communicating updates to stakeholders; and
- Conducts intake interviews and drafts creative briefs that capture critical project information like goals, audiences, and deadlines.
Communications & Production Support
- Coordinates the delivery of project assets to vendors including graphic designers, printers, etc.;
- Drafts collateral copy for reports and/or blog posts that will be used on our website or in promotional materials;
- Resizes images and collateral as needed using programs like Photoshop or Canva; and
- Places text in pre-designed layout templates using software like InDesign;
This position offers the right candidate significant opportunities to grow their skills in this area specifically.
Candidate will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective and respectful working relationships;
- Eagerness to learn new skills, try to different approaches, and adapt to changing project goals;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate well via email, chat, and telephone;
- Strong organization skills, and ability to keep multiple projects moving forward on time. Experience working with project management tools like Asana especially desired;
- Flexibility and adaptability to achieve project goals with limited information and infrastructure. Openness to feedback;
- Ability to approach each day with curiosity, humor, integrity, humility, and compassion;
- A commitment to learning, accountability, openness to conflict, and attention to results;
- Passion for racial justice and social justice movements, community organizing, and capacity building; and
- Interest in acquiring skills and experience in social sector marketing & communications.