Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grant making, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit Window.www.tides.org
We are seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated professional to join Tides’ IT team. In this role, you will support, maintain, and monitor Tides computer systems and networks. You will be tasked with solving technical issues and will also collaborate with in-person and remote staff across all departments to assist them with their technical needs. The IT Support Specialist is a non-exempt position.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software and hardware issues.
- Install and configure software and computer systems including printers, disk imaging, user profile management, and driver handling.
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve technical problems around Tides’ network and applications.
- Maintain procedures and documents that provide technical support for the entire organization.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Manage new hire setup and orientations.
- Manage employee offboarding.
- Effectively determine escalation needs on issues with other team members or Tides IT vendors.
- Manage shared queue of active cases and drive resolution of responsible items.
- Improve shared knowledgebase on common questions and solutions for the user-base.
- Limited application support coverage (e.g., new Salesforce user setups, or Netsuite password resets).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage situations, reprioritize, and meet demanding deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop effective working relationships with individuals possessing a variety of communication styles in a multicultural environment
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions and maintain confidentiality
- Experience working for and/or with nonprofits is a plus
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to a variety of clients with varying degrees of technical expertise
- Ability to diagnose and resolve wide-ranging technical issues
- Proﬁciency in English
Education and Experience
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, or a related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of operating systems, software, hardware, and applications including the following: Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office/Office 365, and GSuite
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume must include a cover letter expressing your interest in working to support Tides and why you are qualified for this position. Please apply by going to https://www.tides.org/careers/
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Reasonable accommodation will also be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.