Investment Operations Coordinator
(Full-Time / Non-Exempt)
The Investment Operations Coordinator reports to the Senior Vice President of Investments, who reports to the Executive Vice President of Finance. The Investment Operations Coordinator is a member of a small and highly collaborative team that stewards the foundation’s investments and investment relationships to ensure strong consistent performance, effective operations and clean audits.
The Coordinator is responsible for operations, administration and audit deliverables across SVCF’s various investment programs, including the Investment Pools, Individually Managed Funds, Community Impact Loan Fund, and impact investments. The Coordinator is a key liaison between SVCF staff, consultants, investment managers, custodians and banks — responsible for processing transactions, onboarding new investments and maintaining records. The Coordinator updates marketing and donor communications, and generates annual audit deliverables. Prior experience with investment operations and/or accounting and finance administration in a fast-paced environment is highly desired. The successful candidate is highly organized, results oriented, with excellent teamwork and time management skills.
The Coordinator works closely with the Senior Vice President, Senior Investment Officer, Investment Officer, and Accounting staff to administer, transact and maintain SVCF’s various investment programs and third-party relationships. During audit season, the Coordinator works closely with Accounting and SVCF’s auditors to produce audit deliverables. The Coordinator communicates regularly with potential and existing advisors, custodians, investment managers and other service providers. As a member of SVCF’s operations and enterprise-system user group, the Coordinator collaborates with other departments to implement technology enhancements and drive process improvements.
- Coordinate manager transitions and portfolio rebalancing, transact purchases and redemptions, process capital calls, distributions and fees, and maintain cash guidelines. Work with external service providers and internal staff to develop productive relationships and resolve operational issues in a timely and constructive manner.
- Coordinate investment onboarding across key stakeholders: prepare, route and process new account forms and agreements, maintain investment records in RE, Black Diamond and Excel, administer user logins, and maintain authorized signer lists.
- Coordinate and prepare annual investment-related audit deliverables including investment roll-forward, schedules, valuation support and financial statement tables. Coordinate collection of K-1s, foreign accounts and partnership reporting for preparation of investment-related tax filings.
- Maintain timely updates to investment communications including performance reports, fact sheets, webpages, PowerPoint presentations, fund activity reports and other communications. Maintain department intranet and shared files as the department administrator.
- Monitor and process group email boxes including electronic and physical mail, invoices, security litigation notices, proxy voting and legal, tax or regulatory filings.
- Coordinate maintenance and renewal of $145 million in bank certificate of deposits.
- Prepare assigned investment committee reports. Provide backup support on committee meeting scheduling, correspondence, docket preparation and distribution, catering and minutes, as needed.
- Develop and maintain written procedures in support of job functions. Participate in technology and operations working groups to represent department needs, coordinate enhancements and drive process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; degree in finance, accounting or business administration preferred; experience in investment operations, accounting or finance administration preferred
- High degree of self-motivation, dedication and perseverance
- Highly proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is critical
- Excellent written and oral language communications skills
- Ability to work as a team member in varied activities and projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive and private data
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Silicon Valley Community Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Silicon Valley Community Foundation makes reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees with known physical or mental disabilities.
Submit a resume with cover letter explaining your interest in the position and what you would bring to Silicon Valley Community Foundation.
Application deadline: open until filled.
Internal candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
ABOUT SILICON VALLEY COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
Silicon Valley Community Foundation advances innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems. As the largest community foundation in the world, we engage donors and corporations from Silicon Valley, across the country and around the globe to make our region and world better for all. Our passion for helping people and organizations achieve their philanthropic dreams has created a global philanthropic enterprise committed to the belief that possibilities start here. Learn more at siliconvalleycf.org.