Nepal Youth Foundation (NYF) offers hope and opportunity to Nepal’s most impoverished children by providing them what should be every child’s birthright: Freedom, Shelter, Health and Education.
NYF is seeking an excellent, experienced writer to round out our team. From corporate and foundation grants, to donor-focused newsletters and high impact appeals via direct mail and email, the Grants & Donor Communications Manager is instrumental in meeting NYF’s annual revenue goals.
This qualified individual will generate and submit proposals and reports to foundation funders, and provide written copy and hands-on management in producing NYF’s online and print communications in collaboration with the CEO and DD.
Strong candidates will have excellent communication and writing skills, proven track record of writing successful grant applications and direct mail appeals, and a thorough understanding of communicating with various donor audiences.
Strong computer skills (particularly Word & Excel) are crucial, and experience with a CRM or donor database is ideal (but training is available). Business hours are typically Monday-Friday, with occasional nights and weekends.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least two years professional grant writing and direct mail experience
- Demonstrated success in securing grant awards, with an exceptional ability to write powerful narratives
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to generate letters, grant proposals and reports that are virtually error free
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (strong grammar, proofreading, and fundraising-focused writing)
- Excellent prospect researching skills preferred
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Motivated, punctual, and capable of working collaboratively in a small team
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with staff, consultants, and donors
- Demonstrated office experience, managing and communicating information quickly and accurately
- Strong computer skills (particularly Word & Excel), and experience with a donor database (ideally Raiser’s Edge or eTapestry) is preferred
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
Working Hours: 37.5 hours week, Monday-Friday. Availability to work occasional nights and weekends.
Employment Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Development
Benefits: PTO, Health and Dental, Flex Account