With more than $1.5 billion in assets, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Together with its donors, the foundation distributed $154 million to nonprofit organizations last fiscal year. The San Francisco Foundation serves Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
REPORTS TO: Director of Gift Planning
POSITION SCOPE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Gift Planning, the Planned Giving Officer and the gift planning service line.
- Provides responsive, helpful and accurate customer service to potential and existing donors of The San Francisco Foundation, and to professional advisors making inquiries and client referrals.
- Works collaboratively with and acts as a liaison between Gift Planning and Donor Services to ensure smooth transition of donor relationships as new funds and planned gifts are established.
- Coordinates gift planning workflow calendar management maintains electronic and paper filing systems, and drafts and edits correspondence.
- Tracks contact with prospects and donors in Salesforce. Maintains timely and accurate information and creates Activity Opportunity and other Development status reports.
- Supports and assists the department with new business, planned giving and professional advisor outreach efforts, including mailings, surveys and research projects.
- Handles administrative details associated with Professional Advisors Council and Emerging Advisors Network, including tracking terms and memberships, preparing and distributing notices, agendas, meeting materials and minutes, etc.
- Handles administrative details associated with Bay Area Promise Society and the tracking of planned gifts including life income gifts.
- Provides logistical support for large and small meetings, including the quarterly PAC meeting and EAN gatherings and workshops.
- Works with appropriate event and marketing staff to support larger convenings and special events including the two annual professional advisor events, BAPS luncheon and the annual Investment Forum
- Assists donors and their advisors with all aspects of their donor advised fund set up and management, including helping donors make gifts, recommend grants, obtain receipts and statements update their fund agreement, use the Donor Center, and problem-solve complicated requests.
- Helps prepare and tracks gift planning budget, expenses and payments.
- Works collaboratively with other Foundation departments in executing administrative processes and representing the Philanthropy & Gift Planning Team.
- Provides back-up support for the Philanthropy & Gift Planning Team as assigned.
- Participates in staff meetings, professional development activities, internal committees, and cross-departmental projects as appropriate.
The ideal candidate has a poised, confident, and professional style, with strong interpersonal skills for effectively representing The San Francisco Foundation in a variety of settings. Must be a proven self-starter, with a track record that demonstrates a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Minimum five years professional administrative support experience in a team-oriented organization committed to excellence in supporting its clients and partners
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and strong listening and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through and proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines is required
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Ideal candidate will possess at least two year’s work experience in development and fundraising
- Direct donor / client relations experience is highly desired
TECHNICAL ABILITY AND SKILLS
- Advanced computer skills in the Microsoft environment including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Skilled in using SalesForce, Raiser’s Edge and/or other database programs is strongly desired.
- Must have the desire and ability to quickly learn new applications as they are introduced into the work environment and as appropriate, assist in training other team members in using these applications
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply