Job Title: Executive Associate (100% FTE - 40 hour per week)
Employment Status: Regular Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Oakland, California
Reports to: Director of Administration
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Executive Associate provides comprehensive executive management support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and works closely with the Director of Administration as an essential part of the Administrative team to provide strategic administrative support and project execution.
The position will provide executive-level support including calendaring, scheduling meetings, preparing and gathering documentation, assisting with correspondence, phone communications, organizing meeting logistics and notetaking, transferring meeting minutes into action and follow up items, preparing expense reports and credit card reconciliations, processing payments, and other duties as assigned.
The position will also provide key administrative project support and execution as part of the Administrative team including, initiating, managing, and planning complex and collaborative administrative projects, providing a strategic lens to ensure effective and efficient administrative functions across the organization and will also provide some general office support such as coordinating meetings and events and preparing, drafting, formatting and proofreading documents.
Executive Support for CFO
- Manage office operations to ensure maximum efficiency, productivity, and high performance for CFO. Provide high-level administrative support and coordinate logistics for CFO including, but not limited to; handling information requests, supporting the execution of special projects, preparing correspondence, preparing agendas and meeting materials for distribution, taking and preparing minutes, maintaining appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, teleconferences, and prepare expense reports.
- Review, flag, and prioritize CFO’s inbox, draft correspondence on CFO’s behalf for her review. Stay abreast of pending emails that are falling to the bottom.
- Maintain the CFO calendar to allow time for recovery between meetings and uninterrupted reflection.
- Draft written communications, PowerPoint presentations, and reports. Promptly and appropriately respond to correspondence, email, telephone, and inquiries directed to the CFO. Facilitate continuous movement of projects and track the status of all projects and tasks. Troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Help create or change, implement, and enforce accounting policies and procedures as required to maintain the financial health of the Foundation.
- Compile and analyze financial and other data information and support the preparation of reports.
- Perform research and analyze or summarize results as needed for special projects related to financial and operational matters concerning the philanthropic and non-profit sectors.
- Manage meeting planning essentials, including catering, conference room, and AV setup.
- Create and maintain filing systems.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion both internally and among our stakeholders in the community, in alignment with the organization’s values.
- Evaluate systems and procedures around CFO to identify and remediate inefficiencies and ensure maximum impact.
Administrative Support and Project Execution
- Provide excellent project support functioning as an essential part of the Administrative Team: initiate, manage, plan and execute complex administrative projects, analyze and streamline data, develop and manage timelines, see projects to completion.
- Work closely with the Director of Administration to provide a strategic lens for the department: 1) provide support to execute the department strategic plan by visioning and creating appropriate workflows and timelines to achieve the set goals. 2) support the evaluation and streamlining of current interdepartmental administrative processes and procedures and develop/implement tools needed to ensure Foundation efficiency.
- Meeting coordination and preparation: coordinate team and organization-wide working group meetings, prep, and manage Board meeting responsibility timelines, prepare agendas, record, prepare, and distribute minutes.
- Document preparation: draft, format, and proofread reports, internal communications, and other written documents synthesizing data/images and formatting to enhance readability and overall understanding. Check for grammar, punctuation, formatting, and spelling errors with precision and accuracy.
- General admin support: provide general admin support including compiling expense reports, drafting correspondence, ordering and stocking supplies, drafting correspondence, planning meetings, filing, assisting with online and in-person events. Provide front desk coverage as needed.
- Document management: Manage electronic files, provide key support with organization-wide document management, and records retention initiative (paper and electronic storage).
- Take part in the creation and facilitation of the Administrative Affinity Circle and reflect upon ways to bolster and improve its organizational effectiveness
- Evaluate and streamline current cross-departmental administrative systems with the Director of Administration
- Help monitor and update strategic planning evaluation tool
We are looking for someone
- A minimum of five years’ experience supporting senior-level executives and administrative departments in a position that required tact, diplomacy, confidentiality, excellent administrative and organizations skills, and organizational agility
- Strong working knowledge and skill using Mac and/or PC platforms
- Extensive experience using G-suite and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), with an emphasis on managing calendars with accuracy and overall be tech-savvy
- Experience with project management, expense management software
- Type professionally and accurately at a minimum of 60 wpm
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service skills and commitment to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Strong project management, presentation, consulting, communication (verbal and written), decision-making, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and time management skills.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in a work environment
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and foundations highly desirable.
- Acceptance and application of the confidential nature of the position
- Ability to see and find gaps and propose solutions
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible, innovative, and well organized
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate issues and proposed solutions effectively
- Ability to prioritize and manage projects and tasks with a high degree of accuracy, independence, and autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and change, and to work effectively in a complex, dynamic organization
- Ability to manage a high volume of important details and follow through with accuracy, discretion, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to understand, analyze and synthesize large amounts of information
- Ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines and manage a high level of stress and multiple projects
- Ability to think strategically about administrative work and innovate efficiencies in processes and procedures
- Ability to effectively manage cross-departmental communication as it relates to the job
- Ability to handle stress with grace and resilience
- Passionate about administrative work and the nonprofit sector
- Committed to the Foundation’s mission, open-minded and committed to honest, candid conversations and self-reflection about race, racial justice, and equity
- An active and supportive participant in building and maintaining a collaborative and inclusive workplace culture
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong relationships that inspire openness and trust
- Intellectually curious, insightful, and resourceful
- Able to take initiative and drive work with moderate supervision and guidance
- Intentional about creating order, ensuring deadlines are met, and planning ahead
- Able to handle confidential information with complete discretion
- A strong team player (no job is too small or too big)
- A flexible problem-solver with a sense of humor who enjoys learning and is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Proactive in looking for meaningful ways to lean in, help make an impact, especially if/when there is downtime
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
A comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, experience, and what makes you a great fit for this position.