Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grant making, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
- You have experience performing office and administrative duties to assist executive management (plus if you have experience supporting a Chief People Officer, Chief Legal and Ethics Officer, Chief Operations Officer, or Chief Financial Officer)
- You have integrity, and are trustworthy
- You can handle confidential matters with care and discretion
- You have strong editing skills
- You are enthusiastic about organizational and operational excellence in accelerating social change
- You can be flexible and adapt to change
- You are comfortable working independently
- You thrive supporting others with pride and are a master of the details
- You assess the urgency of situations and determine appropriate actions
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
- Provide support with scheduling, calendaring, and related communication with internal staff, vendors, and clients.
- Provide project management support, including proactive support of materials management and development (PPT, memos, etc), ensuring deadlines are met, communicating with relevant stakeholders, and following through on action items.
- Conduct research for and prepare correspondence, management/Board reports, and memos.
- Process vendor invoices for payment; coordinate timely expense reports and reconciliation.
- Manage meeting logistics, including but not limited to reserving conference rooms, catering and refreshments and arranging for audio/visual and IT support.
- At least 5 - 7 years of experience supporting a C-level executive.
- Experience supporting a Corporate Secretary and Board of Directors preferred.
- Deep familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be extremely effective independently.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external staff, clients, Board, and stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy and timeliness.
Get to know the team:
This position reports to the Chief of Staff, who partners with the CEO to manage the Board of Directors, Executive Team, and CEO’s external relations. You will support Tides’ Chief Legal and Ethics Officer, who keeps Tides in legal compliance and manages organizational risk so our donors and doers can focus on making meaningful progressive social change, Chief People Officer, who is accountable for the health of Tides’ culture, Chief Operating Officer, who helps build solutions focused on accelerating the pace of social change, and Chief Financial Officer, who provides strategic and financial leadership and is responsible for the areas of Finance, Impact Investments, Real Estate & Administration, Physical Security, and Information Technology.
What’s in it for you:
Tides offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Tides contributes to employee Health Savings Accounts (HSA). Tides matches employee contributions to a retirement plan and the employer match is 100% vested immediately. Tides also covers Basic life insurance, Basic AD&D & LTD for all eligible employees at no cost.
All employees start with 3 weeks of vacation and receive 12 paid holidays. Employees also receive 2 additional optional holidays per year in observance of other holidays and a birthday holiday. We offer competitive nonprofit salaries.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.