Silicon Valley Community Foundation is seeking an experienced leader for its donor engagement and services division. Reporting to the vice president of donor engagement and services, the director, donor engagement is responsible for enabling a world-class donor experience through the management of a talented, high performing staff, ensuring implementation of SVCF customer service standards, and departmental leadership.
- Support the chief and vice president of donor engagement and services by serving as a member of the division’s leadership team;
- Develop resources for donor and staff education about philanthropy and grantmaking, including a framework and tools for division staff to research and present impact investing opportunities to donors;
- Oversee development of the strategy, plan, implementation and evaluation for inspiring engagement of donors consistent with the overall strategy of the community foundation;
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with other departments to accomplish the community foundation’s goals and the division’s objectives; represent the division at meetings and on project teams across SVCF lending expertise on engaging donors and raising funds;
- Manage a portfolio of high net worth donors, assisting them with development and implementation of their giving plans;
- Supervise a team of Philanthropy Advisors and Donor Services Officers and Associates to provide excellent customer service and expediency in a donor’s grantmaking and philanthropic journeys;
- Provide leadership representation for the community foundation on donor engagement and impact investing in the field of philanthropy.
- Act as a thought leader in donor experience and services and represent SVCF externally through participation in events and conferences and contributions to blogs and related news articles.
- Remain informed on legislative, legal, accounting, investment, impact investing, and technology issues as they affect current and prospective donor engagement; advise staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Policy, Sociology, Health, Business, English or related discipline.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in donor services and/or grantmaking for community-based organizations and/or foundations.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience – can optimize team performance.
- Strong networker with ability to build strategic relationships with donors.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation and listening skills for multiple and diverse audiences.
- Excellent group facilitation and one-on-one coaching/mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated experience with high net worth donor events, and execution of innovative, effective philanthropic services.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Awareness of local, national, and international issues of importance to donors and the philanthropic sector.
- Excellent people and project management skills, with an ability to work with diverse groups in multicultural environments.
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor.
- Keen interest in philanthropy and the non-profit community.