Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grant making, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
We are seeking a service-oriented and self-motivated professional to join Tides’ IT team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing our data architecture, optimizing our data flows between existing systems, and working with corss functional teams around continuous improvements. You will be tasked with maintaining our ERDs, helping map and support our integrations, data security, and data governance requirements.
- Map existing data models on SaaS and internal databases and systems as required.
- Manage change management across systems integrations, workflows, and automations to assure proper data management and protections are stabilized.
- Partner with all Tides departments on refining data needs and contribution across the systems, process, and people continuous improvement model.
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Drive data classification, handling, and security efforts across the organization and with our partnerships.
- Remain effective and process-oriented with great documentation skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage situations, reprioritize, and meet demanding deadlines
- Strong analytical skills around datasets and correlation
- Project management skills around scoping, timelines, and expectation management
- Demonstrated experience around data mapping, ERD development, and integrations management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
- SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop effective working relationships with individuals possessing a variety of communication styles in a multicultural environment
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions and maintain confidentiality
- Experience working for and/or with nonprofits is a plus
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to a variety of clients with varying degrees of technical expertise
- Ability to diagnose and resolve wide-ranging technical issues
- Proﬁciency in English
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a data management role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or a similar field
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience building with big data tools and analytics systems
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.