Community Initiatives is an Oakland based nonprofit organization providing more than 90 different nonprofit clients with fiscal sponsorship, including tax-exemption, accounting and financial oversight, risk management and insurance, legal compliance, grants management, and human resource services. Our fiscally sponsored projects (FSPs) represent various nonprofit sectors––arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services, and public affairs. While the majority of our clients are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we operate in eleven states.
This position is responsible for the quality of the relationship with our nonprofit clients, and, in this capacity, serves as, thought-partner, and coordinator for the delivery of Community Initiatives products and services.
The Client Services Manager works as part of a team to support a diverse portfolio of FSPs that range in level of complexity. Supporting them requires critically analyzing issues and proposing creative solutions. As a partner and advocate for the FSPs, the Client Services Manager autonomously delivers services to clients while providing advice on improving services, customer satisfaction and mitigating compliance risks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work within the Client Services team to build institutional relationships with our diverse portfolio of fiscally sponsored projects (clients).
- Collaborate with the Finance and HR Departments to support clients’ financial needs, organizational effectiveness and capacity.
- Utilize nonprofit knowledge and experience to support and foster clients’ growth in areas such as fundraising, governance and operations.
- Lead strategic initiatives for Client Services and develop policies in collaboration with other team members and departments.
- Resolve problems as they arise by actively listening to clients and proposing solutions based on comprehensive understanding of client’s circumstances, desires and issues.
- Mitigate risk and ensure funder compliance by overseeing contract and grants management.
- Design and lead client training on Community Initiatives’ services.
- Provide data analysis, research and reporting as it relates to customer satisfaction and improving Client Services.
- Provide guidance regarding fiscal sponsorship compliance and industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments simultaneously in a fluid environment
- Basic understanding of nonprofit financial management and best practices
- Strong project management skills with high attention to details
- Comfort with reading and understanding legal contracts with an eye for risk management and compliance
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate complex concepts in a clear, understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders
- Advanced analytical abilities and problem-solving skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify options for resolution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Consultative, flexible and creative
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Salesforce
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in nonprofit management, client/donor customer service, consulting, or business administration
- B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience managing fiscally sponsored projects (clients) preferred
Working for Community Initiatives
This position may have the possibility of limited remote work time.
CI offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision
- 401k and 3% employer match
- Fully paid basic life insurance, LTD, STD coverage
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid holidays
- 4 floating holidays
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Community Initiatives is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.