The CDE Foundation is seeking a highly skilled executive with the ability to work across various levels of the educational system to become the next CEO of this innovative education organization. The ideal candidate has an exceptional track record in non-profit management, fundraising, and education policy, and can execute a vision in partnership with the State Superintendent of Public Instruction, California Department of Education and high-level education partners across the state. The candidate should be adept at managing key funder, political and stakeholder relationships and will be recognized as a leader in the field.
- Overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff and programs of the Foundation, in alignment with the organizational mission and goals. Requires an understanding of the complexity of labor management relations and oversight of a large annual conference.
- Collaborate with board of directors and staff to develop organizational goals, secure and allocate resources.
- Provide oversight of staff and contractors and maintain strong operations in resource development (fundraising), human resources, accounting, grant writing and organizational communications.
- Identify and evaluate statewide and local partnership and resource development opportunities.
- Liaison and facilitate alignment between the Foundation and the California Department of Education and shared priority initiatives.
- Assist in identifying, recruiting and developing effective board members.
- Provide orientation to new board members and support to committees.
- Organize and attend board meetings and committee meetings.
- Oversee development and management of the annual budget.
- Manage cash flow in conjunction with the COO.
- Work with COO and treasurer to ensure accurate presentation of finances to board.
- Work with COO to ensure effective management of funds for which CDE Foundation is a fiscal agent.
- Work with staff to ensure adequate programmatic and administrative funding.
- Seek and develop resources through individuals, corporate partnerships, and philanthropic organizations.
- Develop and maintain partnerships including board members, individuals, corporations, and foundations.
Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
- Serve as the spokesperson for the organization at conferences, events and with partners.
- Oversee the marketing, visibility and brand awareness for the Foundation by working with communications consulting firm and through digital media, social media and other platforms.
- Oversee any internal and external Foundation messaging and crisis communications.
How to apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through April 15th, 2019. Salary is competitive and dependent on experience.