Tides is Hiring!
Tides is a group of 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations committed to building a world of social justice. Founded in 1976, Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve the world's toughest problems. Tides focuses on equality and human rights, a sustainable environment, health individuals and communities, education, and economic development. Tides' services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
2021 was a landmark year in Tides’ 45-year history. We are experiencing a unique and powerful opportunity for transformative change for the future in how we lead and impact social justice and shared prosperity. Taking committed actions to prepare for this change, we have welcomed an expanded and largely new executive team, partnered with a top-notch social impact consulting firm to revitalize our strategic plan, and focus our operational excellence initiatives, and grown our core staff significantly. These investments will help Tides to better serve our partners and bring our vision – of a world of shared prosperity and social justice – to life.
Tides’ Partner Services Department delivers high quality relationship management solutions to Tides’ Philanthropic partners (individual and institutional donors) and Tides’ Fiscally Sponsored projects (nonprofit organizations) to further our mission and our partners’ objectives. At their core, the Associate must have a strong partner service orientation and be adept at managing administrative and operational needs. The Associate is the main point of contact for a portfolio of Tides’ philanthropic and/or fiscally sponsored projects and will provide program-wide support to the Partner Services team as needed. Although exact time allocation may vary, approximately one-half of the Associate’s time will be spent managing their partner portfolio and the other half of the role will provide program-wide support.
The Associate provides exceptional service and support to ensure that partners’ objectives are met, and that those objectives reflect Tides’ mission, and comply with Tides’ policies and procedures. In addition, the Associate provides quality service to internal Tides’ service teams on a range of administrative and operational activities.
This position is classified as part of the collective bargaining agreement (SEIU 1021).
What you will do:
PARTNER MANAGEMENT (50%)
- Serve as the primary point of contact to an assigned portfolio of partners as part of a cross-functional team to support their operational and administrative needs.
- Assist service team on managing select complex partner relationships
- Provide operational support for complex partners, including processing financial and grant transactions, responding to requests for information, drafting correspondence, and coordinating internal/external meetings and events.
- Provide accurate and timely financial statements to inform grantmaking and investment activities.
- Support development and execution of partner related contracts, service agreements, Memorandums of Understanding (MOU), and other documents in coordination with internal Tides teams.
- Support the entire grants cycle including processing and review of grants, communication with clients and grantees, and data entry into the grants management system.
- Assess risk factors for partners’ activities and deepen expertise in non-profit compliance, and rules and regulations, in conjunction with Tides Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team.
- Resolve or escalate issues of concern raised by client partners and internal stakeholders in a timely and proactive manner.
- Maintain rapid turnaround time for partner requests and provide initial review for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
INTERNAL SUPPORT (40%)
- Collaborate with Tides team to identify and implement operational improvements to streamline and improve processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain partner trainings, including onboarding, operational policies and procedures, and partner system portals
- Document and maintain Project Handbook, Fund Handbook, Advisor Guide, and other dynamic databases of regularly used materials and resources
- Identify upcoming spins/closes and assure effective partner services throughout the process.
- Assist with data integrity, maintenance of partner and program information in all databases.
- Provide administrative and operational support on Tides programmatic initiatives and working groups.
- Provide support on strategic consulting assignments including issue area research and analysis, drafting of deliverables, and ensuring project timelines are met.
- Pursue professional development opportunities to gain new skills that strengthen individual and departmental knowledge.
SPECIAL PROJECTS (10%)
- Complete special projects as assigned within the department’s portfolio of work, ensuring timely and high-quality service delivery.
- Serve as project manager for internal and external events as needed (i.e., staff retreat, lunch and learns, client gatherings).
What you will bring:
- Strong alignment with Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach and our organizational values of respect, equity, empowerment, accountability, and creativity
- Strong administrative and operational experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Docusign, Netsuite, Google apps and/or Microsoft Office suite.
- Creative problem-solving skills with a “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and appreciation for diverse viewpoints, different communication styles, and a wide range of diverse colleagues and partners.
- Ability to hold self accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective partner service.
- Strong people skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders within and across organizations, especially with the goal of strengthening collaboration.
- Superb communication skills (verbal/written); able to present accurate and appropriate information, engage in a direct and truthful manner, and hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
- Demonstrated skill at maintaining a high level of integrity and consistent ethical judgment in all working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to work with and manipulate data from multiple sources, assimilate and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong project management skills, including planning and managing projects both independently and with colleagues.
- Strong work ethic, self motivation and team spirit.
Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent years of related work experience
- 3+ years experience in a similar operational role.
- 1-3 years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management, client-focused consulting or business administration and/or philanthropy
Life at Tides
Working at Tides connects you with world-class teammates, enduring relationships, and an inspired sense of purpose - while our employee benefits support our team’s talent and well-being. This is an exciting time to join Tides. In the past, Tides staff have worked predominantly from our offices in San Francisco and New York. Today, our hybrid work model supports staff with remote work from anywhere in the United States.
Any Tides Network employee who wishes to use the office or travel to the office must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and boosted. You are required to submit proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department at least 2 days before your first visit to the office. Employees who do not have vaccination information on file will not be permitted in the building.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.