Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grant making, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org
Tides IT Department is seeking an Applications Support Specialist to provide robust and timely technical and systems administration support for Tides Financial System Oracle NetSuite. Working in close partnership with the Applications Support Manager, the successful candidate possesses a demonstrated ability and keen interest in troubleshooting and problem solving, maintains high standards for customer service and resolution, displays an inherent talent for bridging people, process, and technology, and collaborates well in team and cross-departmental settings.
The Applications Support Specialist interfaces closely with all Tides Organization Finance Department personnel (AP, AR, Social Ventures, GL, Foundation Finance, Tides Advocacy, Finance Management) to ensure NetSuite support issues and requests are sufficiently tracked, investigated, and addressed, and will closely partner with key staff across the organization to help define and evolve Tides NetSuite customer support model in service of all users and stakeholders.
This is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule. This role is based in the San Francisco office.
- Provide ongoing, end-to-end Internal NetSuite support: Troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve cases and requests involving payments, fees, XML, saved searches, CSV imports, UI, scripts, workflows, dashboards, subsidiaries, fixed assets, tax receipts, bundles, chart of accounts, reports, custom segments, forms, access, permissions, and roles
- Perform sandbox and production environment testing for new and modified development and bi-annual system releases
Serve as primary liaison to NetSuite Premium support with regards to troubleshooting, investigating, and solving support case
- Resolve Tides Partners user interface issues via phone and email
- Create and maintain configuration, process, and user training documentation utilizing various tools, including Tides’ In-App digital training system
- Help maintain setup and security of Tides complex NetSuite instance via routine auditing, inspections, and reviews
- Collaborate with NetSuite Advanced Customer Support consultants to maximize effective case resolution pertaining to customizations and development
- Participate in meetings with various Finance department staff members to help elicit, document, or fulfill support, development, or technical project requirements
- Partner with Applications Support Manager on various projects
- Contribute to the holistic evolvement of Tides NetSuite customer support model and methodologies
- Complete other job-related duties within scope and as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a technical or software support role
- Strong resolve and ability to self-motivate, troubleshoot, prioritize, and improvise
- Ability to exhibit empathy, accountability, patience, and a strong customer service mindset
- Demonstrated ability to see tasks through to full resolution in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically both independently and in team settings
- Strong communication with remote individuals to support and resolve day-to-day issues
- Adept at translating details and business and system requirements with relevant stakeholders
- Desire to continually strive for powerful and informed system and process improvements
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge on NetSuite functionality and best practices
- Maintain confidentiality of system-related data
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong and consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, or another ERP system is a plus
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.