Tides is a foundation and nonprofit partner committed to building a world of social justice and shared prosperity. Founded in 1976, Tides’ works at the cutting edge of today’s biggest challenges, with a focus on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals, families, and communities; and education. Tides’ services include donor-advised funds, fiscal sponsorship, and shared spaces in San Francisco and New York City. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
This job is for you if:
- You are passionate about supporting nonprofit operations and providing excellent client services
- You are early in your career path or looking to make a career transition into the nonprofit space and have around 5 years of demonstrated experience in client services, nonprofit operations, and/or other relevant experience
- You understand the impact nonprofits can have in making positive social change and accelerating impact
- You are energized by working directly with social change leaders to meet operational and mission driven work
- You aim for operational excellence and believe in both compliance and smart risk-taking
- You enjoy planning, consensus-building and problem-solving and you can work cross-departmentally to provide excellent service to your clients
- You have the ability to cultivate working relationships and provide internal leadership to unlock resources and increase success for social
- You thrive in an action-oriented, agile work environment and are comfortable adapting to change
- You enjoy working both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams and you are able to juggle multiple projects and
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
- Deliver high quality service to support clients’ objectives, financial solvency, organizational effectiveness and capacity. You’ll be assigned a portfolio of social venture partners, and potentially philanthropic partners, as part of a cross-functional team that may include Finance, HR, Grants, Legal, Business Process and other teams.
- Assess risk factors around insurance, advocacy and all client activities and act to mitigate risks wherever possible, in conjunction with the Tides Legal, Risk Management and Compliance team.
- As primary point of contact with your portfolio of clients, develop a strategy for creative engagement and exceptional service delivery that anticipates and resolves areas of concern raised by partner or internal stakeholders.
- Cultivate a level of expertise to accelerate nonprofit organizations in areas such as governance, fundraising or organizational development.
- Oversee contract and grant management for assigned portfolios to mitigate risk and ensure funder compliance.
- In partnership with Human Resources, provide guidance to social venture partners on related HR issues.
- Analyze fundraising and strategic plans and coordinate service delivery accordingly.
- Cultivate a level of nonprofit capacity building and/or issue area expertise to accelerate impact of Tides’ and its clients.
- Support the social venture program in the development and implementation of program wide activities as needed
- Serve on organizational and/or departmental project teams as needed
- Participate in onboarding and mentorship of new staff; co-develop department team building activities
- Represent Tides on a regular basis at conferences, gatherings, professional associations and other external events.
- In collaboration with Strategic Partnerships and the CS Directors, develop strategies to move partners up the ladder of engagement
- Support proposal development as needed and based on areas of expertise and interest.
- Work cross-functionally to support networking opportunities and convenings, strengthening the Tides brand and harnessing the wisdom and skills of our network
- Develop and maintain broad external relations with social venture partners
- A strong understanding of nonprofit organizational development and alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach.
- Ability to work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
- Ability to hold self-accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective client service with a demonstrated commitment to meeting needs of internal and external clients for a high level of satisfaction.
- Ability to manage, track, and understand non-profit financial management concepts.
- Knowledge in fields of social justice and social impact, including scaling of nonprofit organizations, grant making, multi-stakeholder collaborative partnerships, and/or impact and evaluation preferred.
- Experience developing and supporting networks, communities of practice and cross-sector collaboration preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Drive Suite, MS Office Suite, Salesforce or other CRM platforms.
- A strong work ethic, team motivation and sense of humor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of relevant and applicable work experience in nonprofit management and/or fundraising, client-focused consulting, or business administration, Prior fiscal sponsorship experience a plus
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.