Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grant making, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Advisor, Partner Continuity (PC) is the primary contact for Tides partners who are entering and exiting Tides fiscal sponsorship and philanthropic services. The PC is responsible for onboarding new clients by assuring the partner is ready to fully engage with Tides’ services and service teams. The PC plays a key role in delivering exceptional client service by ensuring the accurate and timely onboarding of all agreements, including, transfer documents, contracts, leases, and grants for new partners to Tides.
The Advisor, Partner Continuity will also manage a seamless exit process for partners by assuring the partner is able to smoothly conclude the engagement and associated activities through assuming their own 501c3 status or transfering to a new fiscal sponsor. The PC role also manages fund account activity to determine candidates for closure for existing and inactive funds.
The Advisor, Partner Continuity will onboard and offboard partners with all of the following Service Team members: Strategic Partnerships and Client Services personnel who lead in partner relationships throughout the onboarding and offboarding process; Finance; ensuring all financial obligations are satisfied throughout the process; Legal, who ensure all legal obligations are satisfied; and HR, who ensures all personnel matters are satisfied. This position creates and maintains partner account records in Salesforce and acts as the primary contact to troubleshoot any entering or exiting activities. The Advisor, Partner Continuity will guide the annual review process for partners to assure that both the partner and Tides are successfully working together and able to accelerate the pace of social change together.
Onboarding (Transfers In) (20%)
• Manage the partner onboarding process by ensuring the accurate and timely transition of all agreements, including contracts, leases, and grants to Tides for new partners
• Coordinate with incoming fiscal sponsor operations and administrative personnel in all onboarding activities
• Manage and anticipate the needs of fiscal sponsor and fund partners who are transferring into Tides as new partners
• Educate incoming fiscal sponsor operations and administrative personnel on Tides partner onboarding processes and procedures
• Ensure accurate, up-to-date, and timely transition of records to Salesforce
• Provide support to Senior Accountants in gathering and processing supporting documentation with agreements
• Partner closely with the intake teams to facilitate partners smooth onboarding to the organization
Offboarding (Transfers Out) (70%)
• Manage offboarding process activities by facilitating the connection between the appropriate Tides Service Team member and the existing partners
• Manage tollgates and decisions of each phase related to partner offboarding including review, audit and approvals
• Collect relevant payment information and initiate grants out in coordination with Grants Team and Senior Accountants
• Create and process all exit agreements after Legal Team review
• Create and process all contract, lease and transfer agreements in coordination with Senior Accountants
• Schedule and lead meetings throughout the offboarding process for exiting partners and Tides service team
• Ensure accurate, up-to-date, and timely offboarding records in Salesforce
• Perform ongoing status checks with partners and Tides service team on the progress of offboarding action items to ensure continued progress toward completion by end date
• Provide support to partners and service team members throughout the entirety of the offboarding process
• Implement and manage post exit evaluation process for internal team and for partner
• Develop a comprehensive partner account closure process
Annual Account Reviews & Assessment(10%)
• Design and implement, in collaboration with Deputy Directors, a comprehensive partner annual assessment process that corrects inefficiencies and meets indicators of partner success.
• Manage partner annual assessment process to evaluate and recommend ways to improve process and optimize partnerships
• Partner with Client Services in calibrating partner accounts based on reviews and determining reinvigoration of low activity or inactive accounts
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• A strong understanding and desire to champion Tides Vision, Mission, Approach and Values
• Excellent project management,organization and time management skills
• Demonstrated partner management and client service skills; prior experience navigating organizational change and transitions preferable
• Ability to manage and complete projects in collaboration with other staff
• Ability to be highly collaborative and work with a variety of staff to problem solve and troubleshoot general inquiries
• Critical thinking skills and ability to learn current processes with vision to make them more efficient and streamlined
• Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely and effective results
• Strong communication skills both written and oral
• Able and willing to perform administrative tasks, but also work independently on self-directed projects
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment as a team player, and be flexible with tight deadlines and changing priorities
• Ability to lead meetings using strong facilitation skills
• Ability to adapt to changing project needs
• Detail oriented and able to multitask
• Highly proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and ability to quickly learn new software programs
• Prior experience using Salesforce and NetSuite or similar databases a plus
• 4 - 6 years of similar work in project management, operations, process improvement and/or client experience management
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.