Highly regarded, innovative and evolving philanthropic organization seeking to fill a special role being vacated after 25 years with incumbent’s upcoming retirement. With ample training time provided, you will learn the ropes and nuances from the one who set the standard of excellence in the role. With a commitment to equity, this organization strives to be fair, inclusive and just, valuing the diversity that represents the people it serves.
With prior experience supporting C-level individuals, you will support the VP of Community Engagement and interface with the CEO. You are the epitome of professionalism; you are recognized for your diplomacy, tact and discerning eye. You have prior experience leading a team of executive assistants and enjoy putting structure around schedules, leading group meetings, ensuring coverage and serving as the hub for your EA colleagues.
You are a true collaborator; you enjoy working with a VP who is a delegator, who gives direction and looks to you to figure things out and run with it. Gracious, poised and humble, you take great pleasure in being of service, being the conduit of information for your department.
You are smart, highly responsive, thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment where your communication skills are valued, your ability to synthesize information and liaise with internal and external parties is greatly relied on. You also have a passion for the community and giving back.
- Manage scheduling for the VP and attend meetings to take minutes as required.
- Help keep track of VP’s priorities by managing calendars and providing reminders as needed.
- Provide project and administrative oversight and support to the VP and department.
- Manage the production and distribution of the board book, including preparation of materials and workflow.
- Provides quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Serves as a liaison between the office of the VP and external consultants regarding contracts, scheduling, review, tracking, and processing of invoices.
- Organize and schedule orientation and ongoing trainings for Program Associates and Assistants, and as requested, for other staff.
- Convene periodic meetings of the Program Associates and Assistants to streamline work, arrange for cross-training/support, and address problems and concerns as they arise.
- B.A./B.S. degree required.
- Five years of C-level executive support experience.
- Proficient writing, editing and proofreading skills with the ability to gather and organize information appropriately
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), and the ability to effectively utilize proprietary software.
- Strong planning and implementation skills; research and synthesizing abilities.
- Excellent ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple competing assignments and responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (listening, interpersonal, oral, and written).
- High level of personal and professional integrity, confidentiality, diplomacy, and ethics.
- Interest in philanthropy and the nonprofit community.
Fabulous benefits including a 7.5 hour day, generous retirement contribution and flexible hours. Compensation DOE.