About Metta Fund
Metta Fund is a private, San Francisco-based health foundation. Through grantmaking and community partnerships, Metta Fund works to advance the health and wellbeing of older San Franciscans. Established in 1998, the foundation grants out approximately $2.8 million per year with a vision of inclusive and healthy communities – where all can thrive and age with dignity and joy. Metta Fund’s work underscores a belief that racial justice is essential to achieving equity in health outcomes. Each day, along with our community partners, we seek ways to change the narrative and improve the state of aging in San Francisco and beyond.
The in-person part-time (25 hr/per week) Administrative Assistant is a critical member of the team who ensures a seamless workflow for the organization. Reporting to the Director of Administration, they provide overall administrative support for the organization with a focus on convenings and events, including the support of the foundation’s conference room (“the Community Room”) external reservation scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages Metta Fund’s Community Room reservation requests, scheduling, and completes database entry in Salesforce
- Serves as a liaison to Community Room users/licensee by answering any questions they may have and processing paperwork, orient users on room technology
- Event planning and support for organizational wide events and convenings, including Board, programs and Leadership Awards (in collaboration with Director of Communications). This includes, but not limited to, project management, venue and vendor coordination, communications and RSVP management, event set-up/take down
- Assists in preparing Board and Committee meeting materials and uploading into the BoardEffect system
- Assists with grant and other administrative tasks as needed
- Handles incoming and outgoing correspondences, primarily Metta Fund info email account, as well as U.S. mail
- Manages office staff calendar by planning critical due dates for staff deliverables, and communicating to specific staff members
Education & Experience
- At least three (3) years of administrative experience required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree recommended (a plus)
- Strong computer skills, including maintaining a database. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Capacity to learn new software systems/experience working in a variety of databases
- Experience with list management processes and tools
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative in decision-making and problem-solving
- Working collaboratively as part of a small team
Compensation and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $20.00 - $25.00/hr. Compensation is commensurate with experience and background. Metta Fund offers an excellent benefits package.
403B Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plan
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125 Plan (optional)
Metta Fund is committed to providing our staff with a safe work environment and helping to promote the health of our community. As such, Metta Fund will require all employees to confidentially show proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, unless they are unable to receive the vaccine because of a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII, and applicable state laws, Metta Fund is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for employees who (1) cannot take the vaccine due to a medical disability or (2) seek an exemption from the vaccine based on sincerely held religious beliefs.
We seek to have someone in place by early 2023.
To apply, please email your resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Administrative Assistant. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls please.
Metta Fund is an equal-opportunity employer with a commitment to racial equity. Metta Fund does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law and is an employment-at-will organization. The Foundation welcomes and encourages people of color, women, LGBTQIA+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups to apply. Learn more about Metta Fund at www.mettafund.org