Position Title: Administrative Assistant (.5 FTE)
Reports To: President & CEO
Location: Oakland Office
The Administrative Assistant works with the President & CEO on all administrative coordination for the Board of Directors, and provides assistance as needed to the CEO, Director of Development and the Communications Manager.
BOARD AND CEO SUPPORT (50%)
- Working in partnership with the CEO, provide administrative support with respect to the Board of Directors, including scheduling board and committee meetings, arranging board meeting travel and logistics, and preparation/production of board and committee meeting materials and minutes.
- Attend board meetings and manage day-of logistics; ensure minutes of all board and committee meetings are recorded and disseminated in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (25%)
- Provide support to the Director of Development as requested, including:
- Maintain development records and reports in Salesforce database
- Assist with donor correspondence and communications
- Assist with donor cultivation events
- Work with the Director of Development on all aspects of fundraising, including individual donor campaigns, grant writing, and donor stewardship
COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (25%)
- Provide support to the Communications Manager as requested, including:
- Research press contacts and maintaining up-to-date press lists
- Update eNews lists in coordination with Database Administrator
- Run reports on digital communications properties including website/Google Analytics, social media/Hootsuite, and eNews/MailChimp
- Scan, track, and archive press clips
- Research and add press contacts on California Humanities social media channels
- Assist Communications Manager with various tasks as needed, including logistics for press interviews and media events, providing social media and web content development and publishing support, and logistical and scheduling support for contractors
The ideal candidate will have:
- A successful track record and 3-5 years of administrative experience working with multiple supervisors on a variety of tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Nonprofit experience, particularly providing administrative support to a CEO and Board of Directors.
- Ability to communicate effectively in different circumstances and through different means (written, oral, and visual) with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- A flexible, supportive, and collaborative work style, and a good sense of humor.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the humanities is a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 8, 2019.