About Hirsch Philanthropy Partners
Hirsch Philanthropy Partners believes in actively creating a more equitable and uplifting world through meaningful, high-impact collaboration.
As a pioneer in the field of philanthropic advising, Hirsch Philanthropy Partners has more than two decades of experience helping individuals, families, and foundations create and implement visionary giving strategies. Our team directs over $115M annually to the organizations, community leaders, and public sector agencies boldly solving our most pressing social issues. Our deep Bay Area and national roots and relationships catalyze potent connections and ignite change.
Our ability to bring people together to solve problems, belief in the possibility of innovative methods and surprising ideas, and courage to make the world better in spite of great disparities serve as the foundation for our work. We ask the right questions, design original solutions, and take big ideas to the next level.
While our world is complex and our challenges greater than ever, Hirsch's vision, optimism, and experience forge an ambitious path in response to growing and shifting demands. We know what’s possible because we’ve created impact for more than 20 years. Our team believes in the power of creating deep, systemic change for future generations. We believe that our work can transform the world.
Our talented staff have served as leaders of national nonprofits and congressional offices, management consultants, advertising executives, foundation staff, teachers, and advocates. We are specialists in a wide range of issues including education, democracy, health, racial and economic justice, environmental protection, the arts, community development and more.
For more information about our firm, please visit our website: www.hirschphilanthropy.com
The Administrative Assistant is a critical member of the team who ensures a seamless workflow in a busy and growing firm. The Administrative Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small entrepreneurial environment that is mission driven, results driven and community oriented. The ideal individual is comfortable wearing many hats and must be flexible, adaptable and can exercise good judgement. Reporting to the Executive Assistant, this role serves as a key member of the Administrative team which ensures smooth daily office operations and reception of outside guests that reflects our firm’s commitment to hospitality and client service. This role also entails a combination of client team and senior staff support responsibilities, as well as office and internal team support, ensuring that each day will be varied and different.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
• Manage and organize complex and demanding calendars of 1-2 senior level staff
• Provide administrative support to client teams including calendar support, docket assembly, catering and special events as needed
• Represent executives with excellent and poised communication to both external partners and internal staff
• Anticipate, identify, and address the needs of senior staff and proactively seek appropriate resources to support them
• Assist Grants Team with administrative tasks such as scanning and data entry
• Answer and route phone calls with the utmost professionalism
• Welcome and direct guests and outside visitors
• Maintain office appearance to high standard of cleanliness and professionalism
• Facilitate booking and use of conference and meeting spaces, both internal and external
• Provide backup support to the Administrative Assistant and Executive Assistant
• Manage the ordering of office and kitchen supplies; ensuring needed supplies are always stocked while adhering to a budget
• Troubleshooting of technical problems, and other discrete office related tasks as needed
• Coordinate office functions including team lunches, outings, retreats and holiday parties
• Light accounting duties including payment processing, deposits, and credit card reconciliation
• Genuine passion for providing outstanding hospitality and service
• Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Exceptional task and time management
• Comfortable working under pressure at times and accommodating last minute changes and deadlines
• Strong listening skills, interpersonal skills, relationship management
• Skilled management of priorities, information and projects
• Resourceful and solutions-oriented
• Attention to detail
• Self-starter and self-manager
Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 2+ years administrative experience
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a competitive base salary, performance-based bonus and an excellent package of health, retirement savings and other benefits.
· Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage, and Disability & Life Insurance: we offer several options for affordable healthcare coverage. In addition, we also provide life insurance, disability and other coverages.
· Paid Time Off and Holidays: we offer a competitive PTO package and an additional ten paid holidays each year.
· Flexible Work Arrangements: our firm supports a flexible work arrangement and offers eligible employees up to two remote workdays per week.
· 401(k) plan offered to eligible employees following 3 months of employment. Hirsch will match 3% of eligible compensation (immediate vesting), regardless of whether the employee participates in the plan.
· Additional Benefits: we also offer a pre-tax commuter benefit, flexible spending account, and volunteer leave.
*The company reserves the right to modify and change benefits as needed and at their sole discretion.
Please email the following materials to email@example.com with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line and a resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience.
Please do not call Hirsch Philanthropy Partners. Applicants will be contacted directly to schedule an interview.
We promote diversity of thought, culture and background. We are committed to a collaborative work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.