Tides is a values-based, social change platform that leverages individual and institutional leadership and investment to positively impact local and global communities. Tides pursues multiple, related strategies to promote this mission. From green non-profit center’s to programmatic consulting, donor advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides gives members of the non-profit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change it wants to see. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
The Accounting Specialist, under the direction of the Accounting Supervisor AP/AR, is responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of accounts receivable services on a daily basis for Tides 5 entities including all our fiscally sponsored projects operations.
The Accounting Specialist is a non-exempt position. Non-exempt employees work a standard 40 hour work week. Time worked beyond 40 hours at manager’s discretion.
- Perform all duties related to Accounts Receivable processing of cash receipts including verifying coding, depositing, data entry, performing credit card reconciliations, monitoring and processing exceptions and corrections to revenue fees, and handling incoming checks, wires, ACH, and securities.
- Research, analyze, and resolve accounting issues in a timely manner.
- Process and manage AR monthly fees to projects.
- Assist with maintaining schedules and reconciliations of various accounts and preparation of journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audits.
- Participate in cross departmental and cross organizational teams, financial projects and planning activities as needed.
- Participate in the implementation and improvement of workflows that facilitate efficient operation and financial management of the organization.
- Other duties, or projects, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of two-years Accounts Receivable in non-profit /business development and fundraising experience desirable.
- Independent, motivated self-starter who collaborates well with colleagues and across internal teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent internal/external customer service and a keen eye for detail.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and ability to work within a fast-paced, task-directed, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Flexibility to assume a workload that frequently necessitates an adjustment of priorities.
- Proficiency with NetSuite, Salesforce and MS Office suite of products desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and ability to engage in conversation around issues of shared prosperity and social justice.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting preferred, or a Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting or equivalent years of related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.