Who should attend?
- This program is created for foundation leaders who are new to an existing impact investing program at their foundations or are considering creating an impact investing program at their foundations.
- C-Suite (CEOs, CFOs/CIOs, Chiefs of Strategy), Trustees, Executive Directors.
- Mid-level professionals directly involved in or building impact investing programs.
- Also welcome to apply: Representatives from large nonprofit endowments, family offices, corporations, or community foundations who are working in impact investing.
- The Institute and accompanying Action Cohorts require a high level of commitment from participants. Three cohorts of approximately 20 people each will work together over six months, therefore those wishing for an extensive and action-oriented experience are highly encouraged to apply.
What can I expect as a program participant? How will the program be structured?
The Institute will include two monthly interactive sessions (1 Learning Session & 1 Action Cohort), from October 2021 through March 2022. Although each session will be adapted slightly to best support the material, they will include the following components:
- Learning sessions will typically include two 15-20 minute learning presentations from experts in the field, an opportunity for Q&A, and interactive break-out sessions. Learning sessions will run for 2-hours, with a short break. Only the formal presentation components of the session are expected to be recorded.
- Action Cohort sessions will include an opportunity to reflect on learnings, with most of the time dedicated to a hands-on workshop activity, deeper dive on a case study, or “Ask an Expert” segment for more intimate Q&A with the Learning Session speaker or other resource provider. Each session will also include an opportunity to meet with Accountability Partner Teams. Action Cohort sessions will run for 90 minutes and will not be recorded.
How do I register?
Before you register, please complete an application. Information provided will allow us to verify eligibility and place attendees into an Action Cohort that fits their needs: Upon notification of acceptance you will receive an email with instructions on how to register for the program, including payment of the registration fee.
- The application deadline is June 30, 2021.
- All applicants will be notified of their acceptance by August 8, 2021.
- The final registration deadline is September 8, 2021.
What should I expect in the evaluation of my application?
Interested individuals can apply here and applications will be approved based on pre-established factors including:
- Ability to commit to an intensive virtual program.
- Foundation type, with preference to family and private foundations.
- Role at your organization, including the ability to advocate or influence the creation or expansion of an impact investing program.
- Level of experience, i.e., those new to foundations with existing programs or foundations with high likelihood of developing a new impact investing program.
- The overall pool of applicants, with the goal of creating cohesive Action Cohorts.
- Geographic and racial diversity across the program.
When will I know if my application is accepted?
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance on a rolling basis and no later than August 8, 2021. Upon acceptance, applicants will receive instructions to help them register for this program.
Applicants will be requested to either register or decline their acceptance by September 8, 2021.
Any applicants who are declined will be added to the waiting list and notified by September 10th if an opening in an Action Cohort becomes available.
How much does it cost to participate?
- Members of Mission Investors Exchange, the National Center for Family Philanthropy, and Philanthropy California can register for a fee of $2,000.
- The non-member registration fee is $3,000.
- Limited scholarships are available upon request. If you would like to inquire about scholarships please contact Phuong Pham at email@example.com.
What if I can no longer attend the program? Is there a transfer policy for this event?
The deadline for cancellation refunds is September 15, 2021. After this date, no refunds can be issued. Cancellations are subject to a 1.9% processing fee. All cancellations MUST be submitted in writing and emailed to Zineb Touzani at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who need to cancel are encouraged to transfer their registration to another eligible attendee. The substitution deadline is September 15, 2021. Please email all substitution requests to email@example.com.