The Walter and Elise Haas Fund, Northern California Grantmakers and the Women’s Foundation of California invite you to a funder briefing about investing in local policy advocacy to advance gender justice and equity within the Bay Area.
Join us over lunch to discuss how the Women’s Policy Institute trains local advocates to shape just and equitable community-led policy, the importance of policy work at the local and regional level, and how we can expand this program to the Bay Area. Our panelists will include:
- Surina Khan, CEO of the Women’s Foundation of California
- Marj Plumb, Chief Strategist, Policy Advocacy and Training
- Elizabeth Ayala, Program Associate for the Women’s Policy Institute
- Cinthya Muñoz Ramos, Legislative Director for Alameda County Supervisor Richard Valle’s Office and 2012 Women’s Policy Institute-State alumni
- Yalda Satar, Attorney formerly with the Council on American-Islamic Relations and 2016 Women’s Policy Institute-County alumni
- Elena Chavez Quezada, Senior Program Officer of the Walter and Elise Haas Fund
Space is limited. Please RSVP by Tuesday, October 3rd to reserve your seat. If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Green, Director of Institutional Giving, at email@example.com or 510-740-2516. You can learn more about the Women’s Policy Institute-County, here.