In corporate societal engagement, strategic clarity and focused results are not accidental – they are achieved through inquiry, intentionality, and investment. We often find executives aspiring for change but lacking the necessary tools and approaches to spearhead that shift. The destination is clear – transforming their portfolio from oftentimes disparate legacy giving to a results-focused, business-aligned societal engagement – but the path to get there less so. Over the years, our presenter has found three tools and approaches to be critical guides for corporate executives: intent matrix, issue monitor, and impact models.
Engage in an interactive, learning discussion with your peers, and discuss a presentation by FSG Managing Director Lalitha Vaidyanathan on their recent publication, “Simplifying Strategy: A Practical Toolkit for Corporate Societal Engagement”
Join Us To:
- Learn about best practices in transforming a CSR portfolio from legacy giving to a results-focused, business-aligned societal engagement
- Hear how to apply three practical strategy tools to your work
- Interact with and explore these ideas with your colleagues and peers
- 8.30 am - 9 am Breakfast & Networking
- 9:00 am – 11 am Presentation & Discussion
Lalitha leads FSG’s San Francisco office and has over 15 years of experience in strategy consulting, technology business operations and nonprofit management. During her tenure at FSG, Lalitha has worked on many corporate engagements helping develop corporate philanthropy, shared value and corporate responsibility strategies. Her corporate clients include domestic and global organizations such as Intuit, Symantec, Medtronic, Mattel, VMware, Eli Lilly, McKesson, UnitedHealth Group and Chevron.
Lalitha is co-author on several of FSG’s thought leadership pieces including “Creating Shared Value in India,” “Catalytic Philanthropy in India”, and “Breakthroughs in Shared Measurement and Social Impact.”
She started her consulting career with McKinsey & Company, advising financial services and technology companies on a variety of business issues. She subsequently co-founded and ran a venture-backed technology company in San Francisco. Lalitha then worked in the social sector as Program Director for a technology workforce development organization targeted at low-income young adults. Lalitha holds a Masters in Business Administration from Harvard Business School and a Bachelors in Engineering from Cambridge University.
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm supporting leaders in creating large-scale, lasting social change. Through customized consulting services, innovative thought leadership and support for learning communities, we help foundations, businesses, nonprofits and governments around the world accelerate progress by reimagining social change. Learn more at www.fsg.org
- Corporate grantmakers, CSR professionals and foundations serving the corporate sector
- This program is open to all NCG members and other non-member funders. If you're a member of NCG, please log in and click the "Register Now" link to register. First time to the website, set your password. If you are non-member funder, please email NCG Registrar to register for event.