Stay tuned for upcoming funder calls.
We're tapping expertise from peer networks to learn from those who've gone before, meet the needs of people who might otherwise be left out and plan for long-term recovery.
Communities responding to the disaster and beginning recovery face questions about the resources for individuals and families. As some families apply for government assistance, many others will find that such assistance is limited or not open to them. Tuesday’s call will focus on emerging government assistance opportunities and, equally as important, communities excluded from government assistance programs. Our panel of experts will share an update on the current status of the Northern California fires, assistance programs including the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), and the impact of the fires on vulnerable immigrant communities.
- Michael Kern, Voluntary Agency Liaison, FEMA, Region IX
- Lidia Armas, Senior Emergency Services Coordinator, Recovery Section, California Office of Emergency Services
- Trevor Riggen, CEO, Northern California Coastal Region, American Red Cross
- Daranee Petsod, President, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Christy Lubin, Director, Centro Laboral de Graton/ Graton Day Labor Center
Sign up for our next call. We welcome questions through the chat function on the Zoom desktop platform during the call.
To register please click here.
Philanthropy California, League of California Community Foundations, Center for Disaster Philanthropy, Council on Foundations, and United Philanthropy Forum.