The current wildfires are affecting tens of thousands of Northern Californians, forcing widespread evacuations, burning homes and structures, causing air pollution, and disrupting the fragile livelihoods of people and communities already responding to COVID-19. How can you be most effective at this moment? What can you learn from your peers?
Join us to:
Hear what government agencies are doing to support those impacted by the wildfires.
Understand how community needs and resources are being met and coordinated through mutual aid networks.
Learn about how funders are partnering through creating disaster relief, recovery, and mitigation collaborative funds to make greater and more equitable philanthropic impacting affected communities.
Northern California Response
To learn more about the current wildfires please go to our Wildfire Response page here.
- Abby Browning, Chief, Private Sector/NCG Coordination, California Office of Emergency Services
- Kathleen Kelly Janus, Senior Advisor on Social Innovation, Office of Governor Newsom
- Alan Kwok, Director of Disaster Resilience, Northern California Grantmakers/Philanthropy California (Moderator)
- Peter Manzo, President, and CEO, United Way of California/Kevin Zwick, President and CEO, United Way Bay Area
- Laura Seaman, CEO, League of California Community Foundations